• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
9 years 59 minutes ago #103866 by lunartic_old
2015 Lyrids was created by lunartic_old
Hi all

The weather looks good for the early part of the week, the Lyrids peak on 22-23rd, does anyone have an plans to observe the event? It's week night alas and that might put people off.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook
The following user(s) said Thank You: dave_lillis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #103867 by astroman145
Replied by astroman145 on topic 2015 Lyrids
Hi Paul where we're you thinking of observing, val

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #103868 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic 2015 Lyrids
Hi Val

I'm in contact with Ben Sugarman, about a site, he knows just about every back road in Wicklow and has some choice locations.

I suggested, if there were no scopes involved, just naked eye, binos or camera that we could try the upper lake in Glendalough. The barrier will be down, there is parking for three or four cars by the barriers and others could be parked on the road. There would be the choice of the car park itself or possibly moving down to the lakeside, both give a good expanse of sky, the light pollution will not be too bad as Wicklow Town is about 20 kilometres away, Laragh is a bit closer and shouldn't pose too much of a hindrance.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by lunartic_old.

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
8 years 11 months ago #103878 by lunartic_old
Hi Val

I don't know how far you have travel, if the Sugarloaf is more convenient that's fine.

Paul

Rich Cook

More
8 years 11 months ago #103881 by astroman145
Replied by astroman145 on topic 2015 Lyrids
hi paul
yea i ,d be up to going up to the sugarloaf if thats ok just to bring the bino,s and a flask of coffee and hopefully a clear sky .
what evening were ye thinking of going up wednesday or thursday cause wednesday would suit me better as i,m busy thursday night.
val

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
8 years 11 months ago #103885 by lunartic_old
Hi Val

Sorry for the change of location, we're heading down the Glendalough direction, Ben knows a site down there we are going to check out, if it doesn't pan out we're going down to the upper lake.
Wednesday night is the night we're going down, I hope you can make it. Haven't got a time yet, most likely nine o'clock or around that time, just in case the first site doesn't work out.

Paul

Rich Cook

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds