• flt158
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
8 years 8 months ago #104431 by flt158
Saturn at the Sugarloaf was created by flt158
Good evening, all amateur astronomers.

Does anyone fancy a night under the stars at the Sugarloaf Car Park this coming Friday night 24th July? Met Eireann are promising dry weather and good clear spells. Hopefully there will not be much wind. It will be cold -temperatures will possibly drop to 4 to 8 degrees. So please do were plenty of layers and a warm hat. I will bring my 6.2" apo as usual. I will be observing Saturn of course, and that thorn in my side -15 Bootis double star.

All folks are welcome to join me with or without telescopes or binoculars. If any from outside the Dublin or Wicklow area wish to join in on your summer holidays, you are also very welcome to come along. Something tells me this might be a long night at the Sugarloaf Car Park !!
I have already spoken to the great Michael Murphy and he says he is interested to come along -thanks Michael.
People have complete freedom to observe whatever they wish.

Please do reply to this email if you intend to come.

Thank you in anticipation,

Aubrey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #104432 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Saturn at the Sugarloaf
Very tempting indeed Aubrey. I would imagine a view of Saturn through a 6-inch APO would be something else indeed. It’s quite a trip for me so I guess I will have to wait in anticipation of another of your excellent write-ups / reports of the night in question. Sure would like to see some images if at all possible.

Wishing you a fabulous clear Friday night Aubrey and happy observing.

Mike

I83 Cherryvalley Observatory

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say; "I WANT TO SEE THE MANAGER".

• flt158
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
8 years 8 months ago #104433 by flt158
Replied by flt158 on topic Saturn at the Sugarloaf
Thank you, Mike, for your well wishes. I simply adore observing anything. In 2015, I have managed to observe all 7 planets in our solar system. I hope to view Saturn in truly pristine skies.

By the way, I should have mentioned the time for the Sugarloaf Car Park. Let us say about 9 pm. I would love to observe the crescent Venus before it sets.

I will be giving a report tomorrow about what I observed on Wednesday night 22nd July.

Clear skies are with us again.

Aubrey.

More
8 years 8 months ago #104434 by michael_murphy
Replied by michael_murphy on topic Saturn at the Sugarloaf
See you there at 9.30 or so,

Michael.

• flt158
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
8 years 8 months ago #104435 by flt158
Replied by flt158 on topic Saturn at the Sugarloaf
That is great, Michael. Thanks.
I will be phoning the Gardai before I set off . It is just to make sure we have some security while we are observing.

Anyone else willing to join Michael and myself?

Aubrey.

More
8 years 8 months ago #104443 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Saturn at the Sugarloaf
Hi Aubrey

I should be down around ten.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds