Stars Comets and Mince Pies

• Bruno
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
8 years 4 months ago #105093 by Bruno
Stars Comets and Mince Pies was created by Bruno
Following last year's entertaining Christmas session the IAS has again organised a special free event to mark the festive season for amateur astronomers at Dunsink Observatory at 7:30pm on Friday the 11th December.

This year it will include a talk on the "Trials and Tribulations of Amateur Astronomy" by Michael O'Connell from MAC and a poetry reading with a focus on the night sky by poet and IAS vice president Peter Denman. Weather permitting, there will also be some time for a little observing.

Light refreshments will be available including mince pies and plenty of chat before a warm log fire. The night is for amateur astronomers and their friends. The IAS would specially like to extend the invitation to our many friends in IFAS and in the various astronomy groups. Most of all it is hoped this event will be an opportunity for like minded people to meet old friends and make new ones and we look forward to seeing you there.

To help us establish numbers in advance and reserve your place bookings can be made via the following link:

Book free ticket for "Stars Comets and Mince Pies"

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seanie_Morris, flt158

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #105095 by flt158
Replied by flt158 on topic Stars Comets and Mince Pies
Thank you, John, for announcing this nice event.
I am sure Michael O'Connell and Peter Denman will make the evening very special.
I have just booked 2 tickets for myself and Valerie. You never know, I might bring along the 6.2" apo should the sky be clear on the night.

Kind regards,

Aubrey.

More
8 years 4 months ago #105099 by scfahy
Replied by scfahy on topic Stars Comets and Mince Pies
Hi
Ive just booked 2 Tickets. Are you looking for people to bring along their Telescopes, or where you just going to use the
Grubb Telescope for some observations time permitting
thanks
Stephen

• Bruno
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
8 years 4 months ago #105100 by Bruno
Replied by Bruno on topic Stars Comets and Mince Pies
Hi Stephen,
Thats good, looking forward to seeing you there. If the weather is clear people can bring and use their own scopes or look through the Grubb as they wish. Lets hope for a great night like last year.

Regards
John

• Bruno
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #105154 by Bruno
Replied by Bruno on topic Stars Comets and Mince Pies
Reminder that there are still places available, make sure and book your place via the following link:

Book free ticket for "Stars Comets and Mince Pies"

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Bruno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158

More
8 years 3 months ago #105191 by flt158
Replied by flt158 on topic Stars Comets and Mince Pies
I know it is a bit too early to state -but we just might have clear skies on Friday night.
If so, I will be bringing along the 158 mm apochromatic refractor. You might be bringing out the mince pies to me !!

Aubrey.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds