• johnflannery
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
8 years 3 months ago #105208 by johnflannery
IFAS calendar 2016 free download was created by johnflannery
Hi all,

With the almost persistent rain recently I was thinking we should do a cloud calendar rather than an astronomy one B) However, we now have the 2016 IFAS calendar finished and it is freely available to download at the link below (265k pdf).

IFAS calendar 2016 download: www.dropbox.com/s/x7jbrfxgiruv1wq/astro_...r_2016_free.pdf?dl=1

The calendar has been made available free because of a number of delays in getting it to the printing stage. Rather than it being too late in everyone's hands for 2016 I proposed to the IFAS Committee that it be put up free online. At some point we may get to print copies and include the photos submitted for inclusion. The photos are not in the pdf edition because of copyright and also I feel it would be unfair to the contributors to include their photos without advance notice of the decision to give away the calendar.

I have put a few hundred hours (voluntary) work into the calendar and did not want to see it not available by January 1st, 2016, hence any decision to place it online is really mine, and mine alone.

Feel free to add any comments though on the decision made.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seanie_Morris, nectarine, michael_murphy, johnomahony, Paul Evans, Kinch, Fermidox, RandomPillars, KevinSmith, Lino

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• johnflannery
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
8 years 3 months ago #105241 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic IFAS calendar 2016 free download
Bump ... in case anyone missed the announcement B)

More
8 years 3 months ago #105242 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic IFAS calendar 2016 free download
Fair play to you John for doing this. It is not easy finding time to do much these days.

With thanks

Keith..
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnflannery

More
8 years 3 months ago #105243 by KevinSmith
Replied by KevinSmith on topic IFAS calendar 2016 free download
Thanks John. I may just stick my own images in and print one myself as there is great info you have compiled.

More
8 years 3 months ago #105259 by john5
Replied by john5 on topic IFAS calendar 2016 free download
Well done again John on a great calendar. Last years calendar has had pride of place in my house with rarely a week going by without referring to it.
I believe there would have been strong interest in this years edition not least from our club here in Cork who were interested in acquiring some as prizes for our Christmas dinner.

While I understand and agree with your decision , under the circumstances, to make it freely available online, I think it's an awful pity this had to be the way.
I understand that vast majority of the work done in producing and printing an effort like this is down to one or two people so I would suggest possibly a larger sub-committee be set up by IFAS and given the sole task of producing and getting the calendar to print in a timely manner while hopefully turning a small profit, that's assuming you are still interested ! I know easier said than done !

Well done again John.

John eile!

More
8 years 3 months ago #105261 by Neill
Replied by Neill on topic IFAS calendar 2016 free download
Indeed great job John. Will print it off, should be a great help to write the monthly guide next year :-)

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds