• albertw
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Secretary
  • IFAS Secretary
More
20 years 7 months ago #322 by albertw
Media Contacts was created by albertw
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has a list of science related contacts in the media?

Its something that came up on the ILPAC list, but no-one there has such a list.

If you have a list, or even if you just have a name and email/phone of someone in a paper who acts as the science correpsondent can you please send me a message and I will compile a list. National and Local media information is welcome as its something I hope to make available to the clubs if there is enough useful data.

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 7 months ago #323 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic Re: Media Contacts
hi Al,

"I was wondering if anyone has a list of science related contacts in the media?"

-- drop me a note at skynotes at eircom dot net with your e-mail and I'll send a few I have (Forfas, Leo Enright, Mary Mulvihill, Dick Ahlstrom). The Association of Science Teachers of Ireland is another possibility and possibly ENFO just off Dame Street.

"Its something that came up on the ILPAC list, but no-one there has such a list."

-- funnily enough, I was in touch with Prof. Every Meurs, Director of Dunsink Observatory, today and mentioned the very subject of Light Pollution. He is on the Astronomy Committee of the Royal Irish Academy and I had seen that their recent report mentioned concerns on the subject. I've pointed him in the direction of the ILPAC forum on the IFAS website and he will inform the committee at their next meeting of its existence.

John F.
SDAS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds