[For Sale] Astro-Tech AT8RC 8" Ritchey Chretien + more

• CarlightExpress
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #104694 by CarlightExpress
Hi All

Been a while since I posted, been travelling a lot with work as well as building the new observatory, I have decided I am going with a new scope and a different direction, so I am selling two scopes together:

I am selling both my Astro-Tech AT8RC 8" Ritchey Chretien and my Celestron C80ED APO Refractor

Both scoped have served me well and I have produced some really nice images with both scopes, One image even won Photo of the month in BBC Sky at Night Magazine

I am selling both scopes as I am upgrading to a different scope, attached are images of both the scopes for sale. Included in the sale are:

Astro-Tech AT8RC 8" Ritchey Chretien, Deluxe version with Tube Extention rings, this AT8RC is the Carbon Fibre version
Feather Touch Focuser (I replaced the original focuser as soon as I got the scope)
Celestron C80ED APO Refractor
Bahtinov Masks for both scopes
Cheshire Eyepiece for Collimating the AT8RC

The C80ED has a Nichrome Wire Dew Heater which works off a 12v supply, can be removed if required

Also included is the Astro-Tech AT2FF Field Flattener which works with both scopes without reducing the focal length

I will be willing to ship them over to Ireland via Courier only

I am looking for £1000 (Around €1400 in funny money :-))))) for everything listed above.

No Brendan I am not quiting the imaging, I am buying a different scope :-)

Simon
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by CarlightExpress.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #104696 by Kinch
Looking forward to seeing the new gear :woohoo:

Brendan.

• CarlightExpress
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
8 years 6 months ago #104865 by CarlightExpress
Replied by CarlightExpress on topic [For Sale] Astro-Tech AT8RC 8" Ritchey Chretien + more
After not just one but two time wasters, the scopes are still available

• CarlightExpress
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
8 years 6 months ago #104866 by CarlightExpress
Replied by CarlightExpress on topic [For Sale] Astro-Tech AT8RC 8" Ritchey Chretien + more
Just a quick update, I am also now including my Astro-Tech AT2FF Field Flattener, this works with both scopes

• CarlightExpress
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
8 years 5 months ago #105054 by CarlightExpress
Replied by CarlightExpress on topic [For Sale] Astro-Tech AT8RC 8" Ritchey Chretien
Hi All

I've decided to keep the C80ED and perform the focuser upgrade as I will still use this for wide field, so the AT8RC is still for sale £850 (Around €1180)

This is about half the cost as it would be to buy one now including the feather touch focuser and collimator as I priced one up today and it worked out at £1637

It has been well looked after and always kept in an observatory

So you get
Astro-Tech AT8RC 8" Ritchey Chretien, Deluxe version with Tube Extention rings, this AT8RC is the Carbon Fibre version
Feather Touch Focuser (I replaced the original focuser as soon as I got the scope)
Bahtinov Mask
Extension Rings for the AT8RC

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds