17ah PowerTank for a Celectron CPC 800

• scfahy
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
7 years 11 months ago #105831 by scfahy
Hi
Ive been looking for a 17ah Power tank for my Celestron CPC 800. Ive found a few on Ebay , Amazon etc but all around are around €140 New. Would anyone recommend a Cheaper Model 17ah Batteryor similar that would work with a CPC 800 ?
thanks for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #105833 by derek0207
Replied by derek0207 on topic 17ah PowerTank for a Celectron CPC 800
I have used a 12v 12Ah battery with my previous scope. A C8+CG5 mount
I got it from here.... www.securitydirect.ie/batteries/yuasa-yu...echargeable-battery/

It worked very well. Powered the scope, an ASI cam and a small netbook for 5 or 6 hours.

• scfahy
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
7 years 11 months ago #105834 by scfahy
Replied by scfahy on topic 17ah PowerTank for a Celectron CPC 800
Hi Derek
Thanks for the Information regards the Battery. Could you tell me what type of Cable you used to connect the Battery to the Telescope. I'm assuming ill need a Celestron Cable with Crocodile Connectors to use this type of Battery.

Would I need to purchase some sort of AC cable for charging and a different cable to connect to the Telescope 12v Connector ?

At present I have a 7ah Celestron Power Tank but the Battery is flat in it and it has a Cigaratte type Adaptor to plug into the Scope and a separate ac cable that plugs in to the DC in port.
regards
Stephen.

More
7 years 11 months ago #105835 by johnomahony
Replied by johnomahony on topic 17ah PowerTank for a Celectron CPC 800
You can replace the batteries in the Powertanks. I changed my Halford Powerpack batteries recently and they work just as good as new. They are a standards size so there are several choices and brands.

The Lord giveth, the Revenue taketh away. (John 1:16)

www.flickr.com/photos/7703127@N07/

More
7 years 11 months ago #105836 by derek0207
Replied by derek0207 on topic 17ah PowerTank for a Celectron CPC 800
Stephen,

Ah yes I made up a socket with 2 crocodile clips and one of those cigar plug extender things (which I got in Aldi or Lidl)
It had 1 cigar plug on one end and 3 sockets on the other end.... I cut the plug off and attached 2 croc-clips.

You will also need a 12v charger for that battery. I already had a car battery charger.

I wonder if the 7AH battery in the power tank is the same size as this one www.securitydirect.ie/batteries/yuasa-yu...echargeable-battery/
Maybe you could replace it.

Derek

• scfahy
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
7 years 11 months ago #105837 by scfahy
Replied by scfahy on topic 17ah PowerTank for a Celectron CPC 800
I haven't taken a Celestron 7ah Powertank apart before, but Ill have a go as the Power Tank itself is in good condition.
It just dies after 5m so will look into replacing the Battery.
Thanks for the Advice
Stephen

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds