• markdowling
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
18 years 8 months ago #14997 by markdowling
TvPanoptic 27mm or 33mm 2" was created by markdowling
Hi all,
I know this has come up before most likely but now my time of purchase has arrived I've an attack of indesicion. Perhaps some of the more experienced users on this site could help me out.
Thanks to this site (hi Eoghan) I've upgraded recently my diagonal to the TV everbrite 2". I'm now about to buy my 1st 2" eyepiece and don't know whether to get the 27mm or the 33mm.
I've a 10"sct(meadelx50) and I believe with some pieces its 'horses for courses' with different appaertures.I want my 1st 2" primarily for Nebula and such ,so low power is
the order of the day.
The Nagler is way out of my price range so I've decided Panoptics the way for me.
Any advice?

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 8 months ago #15034 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: TvPanoptic 27mm or 33mm 2"
Mark,

The 27mm or 35mm Panoptic would be worth considering alright. I recently got a 27mm Pan and my first impressions of it are good. Gives a good field of view and is great for deep sky work. I use it in my 8" SCT so the views would be similar to what you'll get.
The way I look on eyepieces is that i intend having these same eyepieces in 10 years time so if I buy quality now, it'll last.

On the other hand, 2" low power eyepieces are getting cheaper and better. Whether they're as good at the Panoptics is another question.

If you're interested we could meet up some weekend for an observing session and could swap eyepieces if you like?

Clear skies,

• markdowling
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
18 years 8 months ago #15037 by markdowling
Replied by markdowling on topic Re: TvPanoptic 27mm or 33mm 2"
Thanks for that Michael, might just do that.

I'm going ahead and ordering the 27mm anyhow as the user group(lyahoo -lx50's) I use
has given my some sound adivse too and one of the guys in the states will actually buy it and post it to me!!
Obviously its too good to let go so I'm gonna get the 27 mm for now and later get another.

Yeah defo on the observing session though...some time soon .

Keep you posted

Mark

More
16 years 1 month ago #63812 by EPK
Replied by EPK on topic Re: TvPanoptic 27mm or 33mm 2"
The Panoptic 27mm is simply a superb eyepiece.
Great for nebulae, clusters and galaxies.

Meade 16" Lightbridge
Tal 6" Newtonian
Meade LXD75 6" Newtonian
Tal 4" Refractor
Panoptic and Nagler eyepieces.
Attitude and Smartassery

For forever and a day I shall chase that white whale - Captain Ahab

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds