K-Tec

TSAPO65Q Astrograph

More
12 years 1 month ago #92824 by petey
TSAPO65Q Astrograph was created by petey
Hi,

I'm considering buying a TSAPO65Q Astrograph and just wonder if anyone of you is using this telescope and can, briefly, mention about pros and cons of this equipment, especially in astrophotography? I heard that it's a good stuff, also in terms of astrophotography, but didn't notice any mention of it here.

Secondly - does anyone know where, except TS online shop, it can be ordered in the Ireland? I looked through the online shops located in the Ireland/UK, but it seems that it's not very popular.

Thanks,
Piotr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #92832 by Nerro
Replied by Nerro on topic Re: TSAPO65Q Astrograph
Hi,
I was looking at it as well when was in the market.Here is a great review:
stargazerslounge.com/member-equipment-re...adruplet-review.html

It seems that they don't really like cold weather...other than that its a great small scope.But i decided to go for good old APO + field flattener route.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #92957 by johnny5
Replied by johnny5 on topic Re: TSAPO65Q Astrograph
I was very tempted to get one of these scopes, in the end i found a second hand tak fs60 instead. There were a few negative reviews when this scope was first launched, personally I think it was blown out of proportion (the pinched optics) however, now there seems to be a lot more happy owners of this little beauty. If I had not found the Tak I would have bought one.
Modernastronomy sell it in england, there may be one of 2 other retailers in england that sell it, i'm not sure. There is nowhere in Ireland that it can be bought that I know of, certainly not in the south.

• carlobeirnes
  • IFAS Sponsor & Astronomer of the Year 2013
  • IFAS Sponsor & Astronomer of the Year 2013
More
12 years 1 week ago #93298 by carlobeirnes
Replied by carlobeirnes on topic Re: TSAPO65Q Astrograph

johnny5 wrote: I was very tempted to get one of these scopes, in the end i found a second hand tak fs60 instead. There were a few negative reviews when this scope was first launched, personally I think it was blown out of proportion (the pinched optics) however, now there seems to be a lot more happy owners of this little beauty. If I had not found the Tak I would have bought one.
Modernastronomy sell it in england, there may be one of 2 other retailers in england that sell it, i'm not sure. There is nowhere in Ireland that it can be bought that I know of, certainly not in the south.

Hi Johnny,
I’m also thinking of getting one of these scopes. I’ve read all the reviews and done a lot of home work on this little gem of an OTA, plus I’ve spoke to Patrick at telescope service at length about some of the reviews and I’m going ahead with my order. Between my camera and this OTA it will give me 2 degrees FOV for astrophotography fun days ahead.
Ps,
If you are going ahead with your order ask for Patrick at telescope service. Tell him you where talking to me and get a very nice discount on your OTA.
www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_inf...e/en/info/p4639.html

Carl.

Carl O’Beirnes,
Scopes and Space Ltd,
Unit A8 Airside Enterprise Centre,
Swords, Co Dublin,
Ireland.
www.scopesandspace.ie/
www.facebook.com/scopesandspace
twitter.com/ScopesandSpace
www.youtube.com/user/ScopesandSpace

More
12 years 1 week ago #93305 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re: TSAPO65Q Astrograph

If you are going ahead with your order ask for Patrick at telescope service. Tell him you where talking to me and get a very nice discount on your OTA.

Hey Carl, can we all drop your name for a discount? :whistle:

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds