K-Tec

-8 Iridium flare through M31 and UFOs!!

• daveg
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 7 months ago #4673 by daveg
Did anyone see the -8 iridum flare pass by M31 tonight (20040914) - absoloutley spectacular!! I got an image of it but it's on slide film (sorry but I haven't caught up with you 300D guys yet) so it will be a while before I get it developed.

Also while out I saw 3 UFOs!! No I haven't gone lala to me they were unidentifed objects. They looked like 3 mag 4.5 stars forming an equilateral triangle about 5 deg wide moving as a group. Saw them first around alpha and gamma Aquairii and they moved toward Fomallhalt. I looked away to make sure that my eyes weren't plaing tricks but when I looked back I picked them up again.

DaveG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 7 months ago #4674 by ctr
Don't the yanks have three spy satellites that pass as you discribed....can't remember the name :roll:

Looked it up on the web try NOSS Satellites. (Naval Ocean Surveillance System) www.eclipsetours.com/sat/class.html

Maybe heavens above can confirm?

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

More
19 years 7 months ago #4675 by gnason
Replied by gnason on topic Re: -8 Iridium flare through M31 and UFOs!!

Also while out I saw 3 UFOs!! No I haven't gone lala to me they were unidentifed objects. They looked like 3 mag 4.5 stars forming an equilateral triangle about 5 deg wide moving as a group. Saw them first around alpha and gamma Aquairii and they moved toward Fomallhalt. I looked away to make sure that my eyes weren't plaing tricks but when I looked back I picked them up again.DaveG

Dave,

You saw one of the NOSS triplets, which are US spy satellites in a triangular formation. You can get predictions on www.heavensabove.com

Gordon

More
19 years 7 months ago #4676 by jhonan
Replied by jhonan on topic Re: -8 Iridium flare through M31 and UFOs!!

Everyone in Ireland buys Meade, and they all buy them from Lidl.

More
19 years 7 months ago #4681 by Paul Tipper
Replied by Paul Tipper on topic Re: -8 Iridium flare through M31 and UFOs!!

Did anyone see the -8 iridum flare pass by M31 tonight (20040914) - absoloutley spectacular!!

Dave, from what location did you see the Iridium flare? The visibility and magnitude of Iridium flares are highly dependent on the viewer's location - your -8 flare was probably invisible to anyone more than 50km from where you were.

Paul Tipper,
South Dublin Astro. Soc.

More
19 years 7 months ago #4712 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: -8 Iridium flare through M31 and UFOs!!
Not particulaliry effective spy planes if you get their predicted fly over times off the web?? :lol:

What were they doing, spying on Dave Gs deep space tracking center. :wink:

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds