My Homemade Wedge

• joexhoward
  • Topic Author
  • Nebula
  • Nebula
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #98345 by joexhoward
My Homemade Wedge was created by joexhoward
:scope: I suppose my first image posted here would have to be a brag...
The picture shows my nexstar 11" GPS, ST80, Atik Titan ccd and my Homemade wedge.

I spent a lot of time making this and was totally planking it when I first tried my scope on the wedge.
It took the weight no problem and after leaving it mounted for nearly a week without as muct as a creek or a crack.
I am quite assured that it will serve me well in the up and coming months, hopefully years...
Im not sure if the image will upload or not....Newby sorry.

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by joexhoward. Reason: photo not uploading ??
The following user(s) said Thank You: StephenK, michael_murphy, martinus, Nerro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #98357 by dmolloy
Replied by dmolloy on topic Re: My Homemade Wedge
Always great to see some home made items on the boards - we tend to forget that the greats of the past mostly built their own equipment and telescopes. in todays world of cheap manufacturing and technologies, some would say that it is hardly ever worth while in a financial sense or time management sense to build anything yourself - but its good for the "head" if you know what I mean
I have built a paralellogram mount for my Binos and a cradle for carrying my 10" OTA and other small items made for myself. These are small potatoes compared to some out there who have built their own Telescopes and observatories
Anyway congratulations

And anybody else out there want to share some information or photos of home astronomy projects including OBS and DOBS ?????

Signed Declan
Very disturbed
Co laois :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: joexhoward

More
10 years 6 months ago #98987 by thatdrguy
Replied by thatdrguy on topic Re: My Homemade Wedge
Lovely. I have the same scope and a "home made" wedge too. I CAD'ed it and had it built out of metal. You don't seem to have a lateral adjuster which would be very handy if you aren't permanently mounting it. A counter-weight for the guide scope might help make the tracking a bit more smooth as well if you are going for long exposures. Great job!

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds