K-Tec

New version of SkySafari available

• donalmcnamara
  • donalmcnamara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
1 year 3 months ago #105229 by donalmcnamara
Hard to find anything to post about these days, but for those of you into Phone Tablet Apps SkySafari Pro has just been released for the Apple eco system only. Initial reviews on Cloudy Nights are good.
Regards
Donal

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #105237 by Keith g
Yes Donal I had seen that. I currently use sky safari 4 pro which I find very good. I did'nt bother withvrheclatest version as it already has most of what I need, but it is on special half price at the moment, a nice Christmas present for somebody

If a telescope can fit into your backyard it's too small. If you can't move it, it's too big." -- John Dobson

• donalmcnamara
  • donalmcnamara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
1 year 2 months ago #105275 by donalmcnamara
For anyone that's interested, the Basic Sky Safari 5 is now available on the iTunes Store - and it's free through New Years Day 2016!

See blurb below from the developer:
Note I have no commercial interest with these folks. Just passing on an offer.

When I say "free" I mean "free" - as in, it will cost zero to purchase and install it on as many iOS devices as you own, for the next 3 days (or so).
Keep in mind this is the basic version, which has a simplified planetarium interface, no telescope control, and orbit mode available through in-app purchase. Most of you probably already have the Plus or Pro version, so you didn't miss out on a deal. (And SkySafari 5 Plus/Pro are still on sale at 50% off regular price.)

This is the introductory version, perfect for beginners in astronomy, or anyone else who might like a flavor of our apps. Please feel free to check it out and review yourself! Feel free to pass the word on to whomever you choose.

Here's a link to SkySafari 5 (basic version) on the iTunes Store, now free thru Jan 1st, 2016:

itunes.apple.com/us/app/skysafari-5/id1055698767?mt=8

Happy New Year, and clear skies!

-Tim

More
1 year 2 months ago #105281 by Keith g
Donal is right, I have the pro version of this, the free version is actually quite good, don't be sill and miss out ! B)

Keith.

If a telescope can fit into your backyard it's too small. If you can't move it, it's too big." -- John Dobson

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds