Cian O'Regan Photography Exhibit @ Astronomy Ireland STAR-BQ

• cianoregan
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
7 years 7 months ago #105996 by cianoregan
Hi everyone,

I recently had the enormous privilege of being asked to exhibit some of my photos at the upcoming Astronomy Ireland STAR B-Q on August 27 in Roundwood, Co Wicklow.

I've always wanted to attend to STAR B-Q and am really looking forward to it!

For those who don't know me, I'm a 19 year old Business Information Systems student living in Cork City. I have a mobile home in Ballymacoda, Co Cork where I spend most of my summer. The night sky down here can be absolutely stunning with the area now quite popular among photographers and astrophotographers alike. I also regularly visit Caherdaniel in the heart of the Kerry International Dark Sky Reserve - a place that needs no introduction!

The image I have included in this post was featured in AI's monthly magazine for July and was shot just after 2 a.m. on the morning of June 1 from Ring Strand, Ballymacoda.

I also have a Facebook page so if you could check it out and give it a "Like" it would be very much appreciated.
www.facebook.com/cianoreganphoto/

I will be displaying this image as well as a selection of others as large poster and canvas prints which will also be available for sale.

Looking forward to meeting some of you at the STAR B-Q. Who else will be attending?

Enjoy the rest of the bank holiday weekend,

Cian

"To realise that our greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give our best efforts.!
-Gene Kranz, Apollo 11 Flight Director

Visit my blog: www.irishspaceblog.blogspot.com
Twitter: @irishspaceblog
flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/cianoregan1/
Facebook:...
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, R Newman, Kinch, RandomPillars

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #106005 by KevinSmith
Hi Cian, nice image and great to see young people getting into Astrophotogrdphy. Unfortunately I personally would not support this event. There is also a free event down in Ballinskelligs at the same time for Skellig Star Party with at least 7 of the worlds top amateur imagers and sketchers. Other clubs including Cork, Galway (Galwsy Astronomy Festivsl) and Midland (Cosmos) also have great events if you get a chance to go to these.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cianoregan

• cianoregan
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
7 years 7 months ago #106010 by cianoregan
Thanks Kevin!

I've attended several Cork Astronomy Club events when they used to be down in Blackrock Castle every month. Always been meaning to get to their lectures in UCC but times have never worked out, so I'll have to get to a few before the year is out.

I'm gutted that I won't make the Skelligs SP. It's such a shame that it coincides with the AI Star B-Q - the skies down there are breathtaking.

"To realise that our greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give our best efforts.!

More
7 years 7 months ago #106023 by Keith g
Hi Cian well done on such a beautiful shot B)

I too was on the south coast that weekend doing wide field shots. Although I share the same sentiment as Kevin to not support the star bq, good luck with it.

I hope you inspire people to show them just how good our night skies in Ireland can be !

Keith..

• cianoregan
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
7 years 7 months ago #106026 by cianoregan
Thank you Keith!

More
7 years 7 months ago #106037 by R Newman
Hi Cian

I would also share the same sentiment as Kevin to not support the star BQ, at €50 per Adult and €30 for a child its a complete rip off, children should be free. All that for some lousy greasy food and 3 talks.

But you can have a table for free at the Mayo Dark Sky Festival, we have a 4 day event with lots of events including 13 talks by Amateurs and Academics for just €20 and a free family funday, including a a rocket workshop with real propellent not water ;-) ;-) Local accomodation is very reasonable too. Please go to mayodarkskyfestival.wordpress.com/ for more details.

Thanks

Ronan

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds