Film Advice

• Keith g
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
20 years 10 months ago #39 by Keith g
Film Advice was created by Keith g
Hello All, just a note to say that if anybody wants some advice on films used for astrophotography to give me a shout...from basics to (maybe) a bit more!!

Keith... :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 10 months ago #44 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Film Advice

Hello All, just a note to say that if anybody wants some advice on films used for astrophotography to give me a shout...from basics to (maybe) a bit more!!

Keith... :D

OK ... for unguided exposures what would you suggest. Right now I use Kodak Gold 400 Ultra and I liketh resaults I get .... used to use Fugi Press 800 but I can't affor such luxuries all the time! Any better films out there?

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

• Keith g
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
20 years 10 months ago #55 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:Film Advice
Not a bad choice, kodak gold 400 is a good all round film, from my experience, Fuji Superia 400 yields slightly better results- colour & contrast, you can buy a 3 roll pack for E12.68. Fuji Superia 800 is also good - but terrible near any sort of light pollution!!
Don't go any lower (ie 200 speed) for unguided, there is not enough time for the film to capture much detail - the higher the film number the faster the speed, but faster films are much grainer!! DONT GO FOR AGFA!!

These are colour print films - you can go for Fuji provia 400F SLIDE film, great film (see some of my shots in the IFAS photos section), but it takes 7-10 days tp process
Keith.......

More
20 years 7 months ago #374 by finnjim2001
Replied by finnjim2001 on topic Re: Film Advice
I've used 800 as well but the problem I've found is if the camera is not exclusive to astrophotography then there is the problem of removing the film after a nights use and there may only be a half dozen or dozen shots and then putting it back in. You might not get the resoulution you like from 400 but it's more practical especially considering the irish climate.

Somedays you're the dog,
Somedays you're the lamp post.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds