max magnitude I saw last night.

• StephenK
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Sponsor
  • IFAS Sponsor
More
18 years 8 months ago #14041 by StephenK
max magnitude I saw last night. was created by StephenK
Got the scope out for only the 2nd time last night. from my light polluted sky as far as I could figure, the faintest star I recorded was mag 13.0. The star 'southeast' of m57. M57 was great with the 6mm ep, very large. I spent the rest of the night hopping up and down cygnus/sagitta and delphinus. And m13 was resolved to the core with the 6mm, would barely fit in the field!! Great thoough. Thanks to DmcDona for coming out and helping me collimate it last week... cheers :wink:

Stephen Kershaw
Ktec Telescopes Ltd
085 - 228 8692
sales@ktectelescopes.ie
www.ktectelescopes.ie
www.facebook.com/ktectelescopes
www.twitter.com/ktectelescopes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 8 months ago #14042 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: max magnitude I saw last night.
Nice one Stephen :) Hope you get more clear nights to put the scope to the test!

By the way - I'm assuming the collimation worked - did that hard edge go away from the star images?

If you're anything like I was when I got used to collimating, you'll start to get more discerning of collimation problems as you increase your observing knowledge.

You'll probably end up (as I did) tweaking the scope to improve the setup until you get absolutely spot on images.

Keep it up!

Cheers

Dave McD

More
18 years 8 months ago #14043 by Macros42
Replied by Macros42 on topic Re: max magnitude I saw last night.
I was looking at M13 myself on Saturday night - nice views of it but I had the feeling that it could be better. Dave - I might borrow you some night as well to show me how to collimate. I've no idea how to do it :(

Steve
--
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" -- Albert Einstein

More
18 years 8 months ago #14048 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: max magnitude I saw last night.
No problem - we might need StephenK to give us back the IFAS collimator though :D

This coming weekend would be a good start. Even if its cloudy, we can get your scope partially collimated - you can then do the final collimation on a clear night.

Cheers

Dave McD

• StephenK
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Sponsor
  • IFAS Sponsor
More
18 years 8 months ago #14049 by StephenK
Replied by StephenK on topic Re: max magnitude I saw last night.
What collimator? :lol: :lol:
tweaked it a little bit Dave, the hard edge is gone alright. I think I just need darker skies... :evil:
Ill get the collimator back over to you Dave.

Stephen Kershaw
Ktec Telescopes Ltd
085 - 228 8692
sales@ktectelescopes.ie
www.ktectelescopes.ie
www.facebook.com/ktectelescopes
www.twitter.com/ktectelescopes

More
18 years 8 months ago #14050 by Macros42
Replied by Macros42 on topic Re: max magnitude I saw last night.
That'd be great. My other half is away this weekend though so I won't be able to come over to you (can't leave the kids alone). If it's a problem you coming over to my place we can leave it til another time.

Steve
--
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" -- Albert Einstein

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds