Irish Times article – Are We Alone?

• Mike
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #88838 by Mike
Folks
An excellent article has appeared in the Irish Times (Saturday 26th March edition)featuring our very own Mr. Eamonn Ansbro of The Kingsland Observatory located a few miles outside of Boyle in county Roscommon.
As many of you are aware Eamonn has contributed much to the IFAS forum over these few years and indeed many more years to the Irish astronomy field at both amateur and professional levels.
The article deals primarily with Eamonn’s pioneering scientific work in SETV (Search for Extraterrestrial Visitation), equipment and methods and I have to say I found the article to be quite balanced, very interesting and taking a more intelligent view of the matter as compared to the cheap tabloid style of reporting and writing.

Link: www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/magazine/20...6/1224292820329.html

Clear skies
Mike

I83 Cherryvalley Observatory

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say; "I WANT TO SEE THE MANAGER".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #88843 by Graham
Replied by Graham on topic Re: Irish Times article – Are We Alone?
Thanks for that Mike!

Keep up the excellent work Eamonn!!:-)

Graham.

• Mike
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
12 years 11 months ago #89156 by Mike
TG4 have complied a short overview of Eamonn Ansbro’s Observatory based outside of Boyle Co. Roscommon in which they feature some of Eamonn’s work and the equipment there. It was featured during the evening news on TG4 yesterday 20th April. The link is here for those interested (starts about 6 minutes in): beo.tg4.ie/main.aspx?content=573070680065
I can’t speak Irish so I don’t understand precisely what is been said but it sure looked interesting all the same!

Clear skies
Mike

I83 Cherryvalley Observatory

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say; "I WANT TO SEE THE MANAGER".

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
12 years 11 months ago #89157 by DaveGrennan
Replied by DaveGrennan on topic Re: Irish Times article – Are We Alone?
Hi Mike, Thanks for sharing this. As Eamonn knows, I personally don't concur with his views on this matter. However, I congratulate Eamonn on the article and have a lot of respect for the fact that he continues to pursue these avenues in a thorough and scientific manner. Sadly the same can't be said for many others in this area of research.

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds