• Welshguy84
  • Topic Author
  • Nebula
  • Nebula
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #100144 by Welshguy84
Advice Needed :) was created by Welshguy84
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationHi Guys,

Im new to all this and i am just starting out and been looking for a telescope and i come across this on ebay but i know nothing but them at all, and i don't want to spend a load of money on something that not worth it.

So if anyone can tell if this is worth the money any help would be really appreciated.

And thanks in-advance

Geraint
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Welshguy84.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #100145 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Advice Needed :)
Hi Geraint

Speaking personally, I wouldn't buy it, I have heard of Seben, but I know nothing about the company or their products. Here is a discussion about Seben.

stargazerslounge.com/topic/133295-are-se...scopes-good-quality/

Do you plan to begin astrophotography? If so, then I don't think that this is going to do it for you, the mount looks like it is lightweight, the digital camera adapter looks like it could hold nothing more than a compact camera, or camera phone.

If you are merely into visual observing, then, for the price, this scope is too expensive, for a little more you can pick up a very good 6" Dobsonian from the guys at Ktectelescopes or Scopesandspace.

I would advise you find a club near where you live and have a chat to the folks there and they will be only too willing to show their scopes and point you in the right direction.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds