IFAS Calander

• manic_dave
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
9 years 7 months ago #101787 by manic_dave
IFAS Calander was created by manic_dave
I wonder would it be worth it putting together a calendar using some of the brilliant pictures that have featured in these pages over the last year. Perhaps raise some money for charity ?

www.skelligstarparty.com
Europe's Darkest Skies
Top 4 Locations in the world to Stargaze by Paste Magazine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #101788 by RandomPillars
Replied by RandomPillars on topic IFAS Calander
Great idea Dave. I wouldn't know how to go about getting it sorted but it would beat an ice bucket challenge.

Sean

• Roy Stewart
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2014
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2014
More
9 years 7 months ago #101789 by Roy Stewart
Replied by Roy Stewart on topic IFAS Calander
Ding ding, that's a cracking idea..
The winner from each month can feature.. There could also be a seasonal calendar with DSO'S featured for that month. As I said at the top of this post, CRACKING Idea..

Cheers Roy

#ClearSkies #LunarNut #LoveSkelligsLodgeSkies

QUOTE: “Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” ― Arthur C. Clarke.
Skywatcher 200pds & HEQ5 PRO Mount , 15x70 Astro Revelation binos.. EP's SW 38mm 2" Panaview- SW 30mm 2" Aero- SW 26mm 2"Panaview.. 2" UHC filter-2" OIII filter.

www.twitter.com/Roydeboy33

More
9 years 7 months ago #101790 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic IFAS Calander
With the proceeds going to charity, I would certainly purchase one, a fantastic idea and one worth pursuing.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
9 years 7 months ago #101793 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic IFAS Calander
It's a very good idea. It was mentioned some years ago, but it just never took off. Some IFAS clubs have produced their own calendars in the past - it takes a lot of time and commitment from a select few to get such a thing off the ground. It would make an excellent souvenir, and we'd also be helping someone in need.

If this was to gather momentum, who would be a person's choice of charity? The proceeds could even be split among a number of them.

It is something that the committee would have to discuss and IFAS Reps partake in, and anyone else who wanted to get involved, so this may merit further discussion off the forums til the logistics and concerns are sifted through (speedily too, I might add, as pretty soon 2015 calendars will be going into production/on sale everywhere).

Get your thinking caps on!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• manic_dave
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
9 years 7 months ago #101794 by manic_dave
Replied by manic_dave on topic IFAS Calander
Thanks for that Seanie,

We can simplify this.

Lets firstly get Images, I can set up a photobox or something like that and invite images. If we get more than 12 we can have a vote on here.

Then we need to get a price on printing, you print ours for MAC, can you give us ball park figures ?

Then Charity, again open up the discussion here, get suggestions and vote.

www.skelligstarparty.com
Europe's Darkest Skies
Top 4 Locations in the world to Stargaze by Paste Magazine.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds