Look what landed near our house...

• michaeloconnell
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #89444 by michaeloconnell
Look what landed near our house... was created by michaeloconnell
My parents found this near their house recently...

www.astroshot.com/Unknown-Instrument.jpg

It appears to consist of a radio transmitter and a piece of a balloon/parachute.
Landed in the field near the house.
Had the cattle a bit bemeaused.

From googling the details on the unit, it came up with this:
www.vaisala.com/en/products/soundingsyst...ndes/Pages/RS92.aspx
The unit found is the Vaisala Radiosonde RS92-KL and appears to be used for Upper-Air Weather Observation.

I will contact Met Eireann to see if they need it back.

Michael.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by michaeloconnell.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #89446 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Look what landed near our house...
well, if they dont want it, you might be able to sell it on ebay ?

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #89450 by dmolloy
Replied by dmolloy on topic Re: Look what landed near our house...
Despite your reasoned explanation and sterling investigation into the matter - you are wrong.......it's all a government cover-up. The object is quite obviously Alien in nature......anyone with half a mind::side: can see that...you have been deluded by boring rationale and stuff. Check that no one is following you and insist that all the cows have a thorough vetinary examination by an independant vet....don't take any of his findings as truth (he is being paid by the aliens. Looking at your photos it is obvious that the materials used in this vile instrument are not terrestrial in nature and we can only surmise that some of the wires and things are for probing!!!! I would not be surprised if there was witnesses to the event and some witnesses (with a little encouragement) will remember seeing the mother ship...or indeed spoken to the Aliens, bla, bla,bla bla,:whistle:.......

PS next ya will be tellin me it was a weather ballon

signed
very disturbed
Co Laois
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by dmolloy.

More
12 years 10 months ago #89458 by eansbro
Replied by eansbro on topic Re: Look what landed near our house...
Hi Michael,

I understand there is a finders fee for retrieving radio sonde instrumentation from baloons. I use to work in the field a long time ago.

Eamonn A

More
12 years 10 months ago #89459 by Calibos
Replied by Calibos on topic Re: Look what landed near our house...
All joking aside I am reminded of two things by the above post. The first is 'Poe's Law' which for those not familiar with the term is an internet meme invoked when its unclear whether a post/website is satire or not. It came into use specifically for wacky fundamentalist religious posts/websites but is used more generally nowadays.

Obviously DMolloys post is a joke, however I came across something similar last night and it wasn't a joke or satire, it was deadly serious. :D I was searching youtube for Ethos Eyepiece videos and came across one for the 21mm. The video turned out to just be a guy checking his 21mm ethos before packing it for his 'observing' session. It was by a pair of guys with too much money and too few braincells. They were like the Ghosthunters spending a fortune on expensive cameras and equipment to record spirits. Full complement of Ethos Ep's mallincam, 12" SCT and also using another friends 24" Obsession with servocat. They were organised guys taking a systematic scientific approach to finding what the powers that be want to keep hidden from us....

Nibiru !! :p

I was sure it was a pisstake but if it is its a very long running troll on youtube going by the comments.

:laugh:

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

More
12 years 10 months ago #89460 by Calibos
Replied by Calibos on topic Re: Look what landed near our house...
Actually, now that I think of it, something that really shocked me. I was on the Yahoo group ZOC (Zambuto Optical Company)of Carl Zambuto. The guy that makes the best most consistant telescope mirrors on the planet. Turns out he is a Chem-trail conspiracy kind of guy!! :bigshock:

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds