What about this bird flu in Turkey?

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 4 months ago #21850 by Seanie_Morris
What about this bird flu in Turkey? was created by Seanie_Morris
Have we any insurances or guarantees about IF the trip had to be cancelled? There is a WHO warning that this can be an epidemic/pandemic very soon, which could mean a baring on outside visitors if the virus mutated. Quite serious this.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 4 months ago #21851 by Paul Tipper
Replied by Paul Tipper on topic Re: What about this bird flu in Turkey?
I imagine you'd need to check the T&C of your own travel insurance policy on this one.

Paul Tipper,
South Dublin Astro. Soc.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 4 months ago #21852 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: What about this bird flu in Turkey?

I imagine you'd need to check the T&C of your own travel insurance policy on this one.

That won't cover a group cheme, no incurance would, such as this one, as its not being purchased directly by yourself. Thats what I'm afraid of. If it were cancelled, the pair of us (Dee & I),would be out of pocket over a grand!

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
18 years 4 months ago #21853 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic Re: What about this bird flu in Turkey?

a baring

. . . surely you mean a barring Seanie? They don't want to see us bare our chicken legs :)

time to roll out that Gary Larson cartoon. You know the one, where the chicken is sick in bed and his mother is giving him chicken soup, saying; "Drink it up! Number one, chicken soup is good for the flu, and number two, it's no-one we know." :)

John

More
18 years 4 months ago #21855 by ftodonoghue
Replied by ftodonoghue on topic Re: What about this bird flu in Turkey?
Having just finalised my booking this morning, I reckon there is nothing to be worried about at the moment..the virus is still only spreading from infected birds to humans and human to human transmission has yet to take place. Hopefully the virus will not mutate that capability. At the moment I would look at it as simply another tropical disease to be aware of. There was similar concerns years ago when ebola broke out in africa and showed some signs of human to human transmission that there would be a global pandemic. Thankfully this has not happened and ebola now just rears its ugly head infrequently. Hopefully birdflu will not pose a serious threat to our plans.

from the who website

All available evidence indicates that no sustained human-to-human transmission has occurred. As in Asia, contact with infected birds is the principal source of infection. The risk of infection for travellers to Turkey is negligible provided direct contact with dead or diseased domestic and wild birds is avoided.

Cheers
Trevor

More
18 years 4 months ago #21856 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic Re: What about this bird flu in Turkey?

Hopefully birdflu will not pose a serious threat to our plans.

. . . or clouds . . .

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds