K-Tec

Anocht pláinéad/ Bright Venus!

• Conor
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
18 years 9 months ago #19297 by Conor
This eveing Martin and i waited for the ever so bright Venus to pop so but wile we were waiting i took a lovely shot of Mars in the puddle onthe driveway. When Venus did eventually break out from the clouds it was fab!

Moderator of Photography Forum:

www.freeimagebrowser.com/gallery/index.php

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 9 months ago #19305 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: Anocht pláinéad/ Bright Venus!
Nice images Conor, Venus looks like the moon, its that big!! I like the reflection of Mars in the puddle..very different. That was a good short session we had and it wasnt even dark yet lol. We observed the crescent phase of Venus through the 8" at 49X and watched as it set below a distant dark roof top in the FOV, suddenly as it vanished we were amazed to see a brillant silver Venus pillar..wow :shock: that was a suprise, i have never seen one of those before!

Heres 2 shots of Mars i took in the very bright evening twilight with my new camera. The images are completely overexpsoed but i guess it will take a little practise to get the hang of the settings on this camera, thought i would throw them up anway...

tinypic.com/i2w195.jpg

tinypic.com/i2w1eu.jpg

tinypic.com/i355s3.jpg

The last shot is of the eastern sky below Casiopeia taken as the sky was really degrading in quality with very dense mist moving in. I just took this 15 sec exposure as a test. Unfortunately i did not pick up the fuzzy nature of M31 though i did pick up its nucleus.

Clear skies

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

• Conor
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
18 years 9 months ago #19306 by Conor
Replied by Conor on topic Re: Anocht pláinéad/ Bright Venus!
great shots martin! Im grrr cause i must have hit the focus lock and Venus is not sharp :oops:

More
18 years 9 months ago #19308 by martinastro
It still looks a beauty to me :D . I like the balcony beside the planet, it would have been great to get the dark outline of a person and refractor observing from it. We will save up and get the Mc Kags a telescope for Christmas just so we can get that shot lol

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

• Conor
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
18 years 9 months ago #19309 by Conor
Replied by Conor on topic Re: Anocht pláinéad/ Bright Venus!
Do u not mine me saying they had a scope and i was gona buy it LOL

More
18 years 9 months ago #19312 by martinastro
LOL thats rite lol...pity its gathering dust.

Martin Mc Kenna

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds