• michaeloconnell
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 years 5 months ago #45500 by michaeloconnell
Paypal - Donations was created by michaeloconnell
Dear All,

Over the last 4 years this website has grown from strength to strength. As recently mentioned, this is in no small part due to the efforts of Bart who has not only developed the website, maintained it, but has also generously hosted it. However, due to the ever-increasing number of members to the site and the phenomenal level of traffic generated as a result, we've started to out-grown our little abode. Therefore, we will be moving to a new hosting service in the coming days, which will incur a significant recurring annual cost to IFAS.

Furthermore, in efforts to develop IFAS, we need to generate revenue to cover expenses such as display stands etc which don't come cheap either. As I'm sure you are all aware by now, IFAS is a non-profit voluntary group and this donation option does not affect this position what so ever.

To date, we have kept the website ad-free. Ideally, we'd like to keep it this way but at the same time obviously can't guarantee it as we need to cover our expenses and keep the website going. To that end, you will see a little Paypal donation button on the right hand side of the front page: www.irishastronomy.org . This is to facilitate any donations which people may like to give. I should emphasise, there is no obligation here to have to pay any "membership fee" or anything like that in order to join the website - just an option to donate. All donations will of course be kept confidential but will be greatly appreciated.

If you have any queries about this or would prefer to donate via alternative methods, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards & Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 5 months ago #45503 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Paypal - Donations
The button works! ;-)

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
17 years 5 months ago #45514 by phoenix
Replied by phoenix on topic Re: Paypal - Donations
Michael,

For those of of us not wishing to give paypal a percentage of any donated money is there another way to donate?

Kieran
16" ODK (incoming), Mesu Mount 200, APM TMB 80mm, SXV H16, SXV H9
J16 An Carraig Observatory
ancarraigobservatory.co.uk/

• michaeloconnell
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 years 5 months ago #45515 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Paypal - Donations
You can send me a cheque or bank draft made out to "IFAS" if you like. Alternatively, they can be sent to Bernie our Treasurer. If anyone is interested in this option, drop me a pm and I'll send you on the postal details.
These will usually incur expense on the sender unfortunately (cost of cheque/draft + stamp). :cry:

• michaeloconnell
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 years 5 months ago #45545 by michaeloconnell
Many thanks for all those who have donated money in the last 24hours!
We greatly appreciate your support!!

• michaeloconnell
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 years 5 months ago #45890 by michaeloconnell
UPDATE: 13 May 2007
We now have 185euro in our Paypal account. Many thanks to all who have donated! We greatly appreciate your support!
The cost of the new hosting service will be approx 250euro per annum so if you haven't donated yet, every little helps.
Cheers,

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds