IFAS Funding for IYA 2009

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
15 years 10 months ago #75377 by dmcdona
IFAS Funding for IYA 2009 was created by dmcdona
Folks - we will be contacting club reps ASAP so if they want to, they can take advantage of the Lidl offer on Monday. Alternatively, you can contact me directly on 086 831 6304 if you need more information.

Dave

IFAS IYA 2009
IFAS has received a small amount of funding in support of IYA 2009. The funding will be made available to IFAS clubs to organise and promote events during the 100 hours of astronomy IYA2009 Cornerstone Project. These events will be in the form of "Sidewalk Astronomy".

This 100 hours of astronomy event will take place from Thursday 2nd April to Sunday 5th April 2009 around the globe. The event's key goal to is to have as many people as possible look through a telescope (as Galileo did 400 years ago). Major highlights are a quarter moon and Saturn.

The funding is available to IFAS under strict terms and conditions and these T&C's must be passed onto the clubs. All of these terms and conditions must be complied with.

This is a global effort harnessing the energy of sidewalk astronomers all over the world – it is a major opportunity for IFAS clubs to work together and shine.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Reimbursements
1. Each fully paid up affiliate of IFAS is entitled to apply for reimbursement of various payments made in connection with one or more IYA 2009 events to be held between Thursday 2nd April 2009 and Sunday 5th April 2009
2. Reimbursements will not exceed €150.00 in total
3. All reimbursements must be accompanied by the IFAS expense form with original receipts attached for all monies requested
4. All claims for reimbursement must be made before 30th November 2009
5. Valid reimbursements include equipment and publicity costs. For example, the purchase of a telescope (e.g. Lidl Skylux), the printing of fliers, the cost of placing an advert in a newspaper
6. Reimbursements are additionally subject to the additional terms and conditions below, where applicable
7. Requests for reimbursements must only be made by one appointed committee member (e.g. treasurer)

Events
1. Each event must be clearly identified as an IFAS IYA 2009 event (you will be provided with appropriate material)
2. Each event must be fully covered by public liability insurance. IFAS must be furnished with insurance documentation and written confirmation from the IFAS club/association that the event is fully and appropriately insured
3. Each event must be supported by fully completed IFAS evaluation forms and photographic/video material

Miscellany
1. In the event of any dispute in relation to these terms and conditions, the IFAS council will try and resolve matters but its decision will be final and binding
2. These terms and conditions may change but you will be fully informed of any changes as soon as possible
END OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Guidance
• IFAS will provide some promotional material. For example, if you choose to purchase a telescope, we will provide you with an IFAS sticker to affix to it. This will demonstrate to the Irish IYA 2009 committee that IFAS complied with the requirements for the event being an IFAS IYA 2009 event.
• You can have more than one event as long as they take place between 2-5 April 2009.
• All equipment purchased by IFAS clubs and subsequently reimbursed by IFAS will remain the property of IFAS for the duration of 2009 and must remain identified as IFAS equipment. From 01/01/2010, the equipment will become the property of the IFAS affiliate. Each club is responsible for the safe storage and maintenance of all equipment (including telescopes) throughout 2009.
• Where possible, IFAS reps will be asked to support geographically adjacent clubs to spread the workload. We would encourage all club reps and committee members to exchange information with other clubs – e.g. tips, hints, documentation etc. IFAS will support and facilitate all clubs as much as possible with publicity material, procedures, information, guidance etc.
• IFAS will co-ordinate with clubs to compile the information, reports, photographs and evaluation forms gathered at each event. These will then be bundled together into a report to summarise activities of IFAS for IYA2009. This report will then be submitted to the Irish IYA2009 co-ordinator in hard copy format and will also be made available online. Additionally, all collated evaluation data will be sent to the global coordinator for 100 Hours of Astronomy (Jennie McCormick, IYA 2009 Cornerstone Project, International 100 Hours of Astronomy Coordinator). This is to ensure the Irish IYA2009 co-ordinator can see the work done by IFAS and its clubs and ensures they have a something which justifies the monies given to IFAS. The report may also be issued to other astronomy/science organisations who may be in a position to fund future IFAS events.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DeirdreKelleghan
  • IFAS Social Media Officer
More
15 years 10 months ago #75464 by DeirdreKelleghan
Replied by DeirdreKelleghan on topic Re:IFAS Funding for IYA 2009
One Lidl Skylux bought in Greystones this morning , for IFAS.

Deirdre Kelleghan
PRO IFAS

More
15 years 10 months ago #75467 by Frank Ryan
Replied by Frank Ryan on topic Re:IFAS Funding for IYA 2009
Thanks to IFAS for this funding for the 100 hours event.
SAC decided to get 2 of the Skylux scopes in Lidl today.
We will also use these at upcoming schools observing events
during IYA.
Along with the SAC club 12'' the two new IFAS skylux and
any other club members that bring scopes / binos - we
should have a grand arsenal at our disposal for the sessions.

Mike, I'll be in touch with regards to obtaining some IFAS /IYA stickers / promo stuff.

We also have a great contact in the Limerick Leader and
he has agreed to do a special feature along with our regular
weekly article for any event that is run.

Dierdre, if you wouldnt mind (again) doing a spot on Clare FM
a day or so before the date.
(I'll contact you before and give you good notice)

Thanks once again.

My Astrophotography
Shannonside Astronomy Club __________________________________________
Meade ETX-125PE, Bresser 10 x 50 Binos & Me Peepers

• DeirdreKelleghan
More
15 years 10 months ago #75468 by DeirdreKelleghan
Replied by DeirdreKelleghan on topic Re:IFAS Funding for IYA 2009
I will also be putting an IFAS sticker on the 4 inch Celestron Nextstar
and the Meade SC 8inch which were give for public outreach.
My dob will also sport a sticker, great to know people are getting into the spirit of it all.

Yes to spot on Clare FM Thanks Frank

Deirdre Kelleghan
PRO IFAS

More
15 years 10 months ago #75473 by jhoare
Replied by jhoare on topic Re:IFAS Funding for IYA 2009
Deirdre Kelleghan wrote:

One Lidl Skylux bought in Greystones this morning , for IFAS.

Deirdre Kelleghan
PRO IFAS

Hi Deirdre,

Have you opened the box and if so what's the tripod/head like? I might consider buying this version (for the sake of getting the tripod) if the tripod is a photographic type and the head attaches to it by means of a standard 1/4 20 or 3/8 16 thread.

John

John

Better that old people should die of talk than to have young people die in war.

More
15 years 10 months ago #75474 by Calibos
Replied by Calibos on topic Re:IFAS Funding for IYA 2009
Yeah, I just bought a 16inch Lightbridge for eh....outreach, yeah thats it Outreach,Wheres me grant and me sticker? ;)

:laugh:

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds