Star Party in hope for a clear patch tonight

• DeirdreKelleghan
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Social Media Officer
  • IFAS Social Media Officer
More
15 years 6 months ago #77587 by DeirdreKelleghan
Star Party in hope for a clear patch tonight was created by DeirdreKelleghan
We just have just made a positive decision regarding our Star Party in Wicklow National Park this evening , fingers crossed for clear , it could be 50/50. The park staff are willing to turn up at 8pm so we will chance it to perhaps satisfy some attendees.
Upper Lake Car Park 8pm - 10pm

Fingers and Toes crossed

Deirdre Kelleghan
PRO IFAS
President IAS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #77588 by Keith g
Good luck with it Deirdre, it's looking fairly good for wicklow anyhow...

www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=wicklow

Keith..

More
15 years 6 months ago #77591 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re:Star Party in hope for a clear patch tonight
I'd love to be there tonight Deirdre, but my wife's away and I'm stuck with the rugrats. If it were just my kids then I'd bring them along, but my son has a friend over and I'm nervous about bringing out other people's children, I'll set up the scope in the garden and show them the moon.

Best of luck, I've got fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
15 years 6 months ago #77593 by Stargate
Hiya Deirdre

Its Clear here in Cork so far , sky a little hazy .

Fingers crossed for you all in Wiclow tonight

Regards
Martin

Stargate

More
15 years 6 months ago #77598 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re:Star Party in hope for a clear patch tonight
Hope you guys in Wicklow were as lucky as we were in Tullamore tonight, we got perfect skies (except for the Moon, but that was a bonus target for those that came this evening!). Report here .

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
15 years 6 months ago #77599 by Calibos
We did indeed Seanie!!:woohoo: :woohoo: :laugh:

Absolute pristine skies for the full duration of the event. We must have done something to please the weather Gods for once.

To top off a perfect night, I had just gotten all my gear outside the hall door and was wigggling the key in the lock and for some reason decided to turn around to look up at the sky one more time before I stepped inside and.........

I saw the most amazing bolide fireball I have ever seen and probably will ever see starting from Denebola until it disappeared under Arcturus. Flared up out of nowhere like Venus times 100, slow moving with a sparking tail and then it broke up into 4 or 5 equally bright pieces with each of those trailing sparks too. Absolutely amazing!! :woohoo: :laugh: Deirdre, Michael and Philip (who would have been home about the same time as me), please tell me you saw this too!!?? This was at approx 12.35am.

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds