• johnflannery
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #81876 by johnflannery
Hi all,

Good morning!

I'm pleased to report that the sky guide for 2010 is now available for you to download. This is your FREE 36-page guide to what's up in the skies over Ireland for the year ahead. The monthly notes in this year's booklet have been changed to a much handier calendar format which you can stick up somewhere as a reminder of what is happening in the current month. More comprehensive detail about astronomical phenomena can be found in the other pages. Feel free to get in touch if you would like to know more about a particular event or if you spot errors that need to be corrected. Enjoy!

I will be adding a second file soon which will contain the daily rise and set times for the Sun, Moon, and major planets, along with their solar elongation, brightness, and other ephemerides. I'll update everyone as soon as that is available.

Sky Guide 2010 is hosted on the file sharing web site Mediafire and can be downloaded clicking on the link below. Next, you need to click on the sky_guide_2010.pdf file name in Mediafire and then the "Click here to download" prompt on the left-hand side of the next displayed page. A pop-up might appear but hopefully I'll soon get the file hosted on another web site which will be astronomy-related.

www.irishastronomy.org/component/docman/...blished&ascdesc=DESC
(This new, more astronomy-related link, added by Seanie...)

All the best,

John
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by darragh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #81877 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re:Sky-Guide 2010 now available for FREE download
John,

Excellent piece of work and obviously a labour of love!

If I can make a suggestion, any possibility of adding a very brief section on planetary retrogrades with associated data for the year? I honestly think it would nicely round out an already impressive effort.

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
14 years 11 months ago #81878 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re:Sky-Guide 2010 now available for FREE download
PS. I am sure you know what a twisted bunch of shady characters those imagers are and such information would be really interesting and helpful to them. ;)

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
14 years 11 months ago #81886 by Frank Ryan
Replied by Frank Ryan on topic Re:Sky-Guide 2010 now available for FREE download
Cool thanks!
This sounds great.
I'm downloading as I type!

My Astrophotography
Shannonside Astronomy Club __________________________________________
Meade ETX-125PE, Bresser 10 x 50 Binos & Me Peepers

More
14 years 11 months ago #81891 by Neill
superb job john,

I find it very useful when doing the monthly guide on here

Neill

More
14 years 11 months ago #81893 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re:Sky-Guide 2010 now available for FREE download
Nicely done John, an excellent complement to your previous years' editions.

Stickied.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds