K-Tec

COSMOS 2015 - 17th to 19th April 2015

More
9 years 1 day ago #103955 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic COSMOS 2015 - 17th to 19th April 2015
From Steve Richards via an email to MAC:

We had an uneventful journey back home and all is well.

I wanted to write to thank you for inviting me to take part in Cosmos 2015 and for the very warm welcome and great hospitality shown to my wife and I throughout the weekend and I hope that my talk was pitched correctly for your audience. The jovial atmosphere over the weekend was fantastic and I met and spoke with a wide range of enthusiastic astronomers with many interests and I certainly enjoyed listening to the other speakers – it was a pity that the unavoidable flight times meant that I didn’t hear all of Keith Geary’s talk. Your colleague, John Flannery, was also a great ambassador for the event and his generosity in driving us to and from the airport and many other kind gestures through the weekend were much appreciate by both of us.

The trip to Birr Castle was an outstanding success and everyone was buzzing with it on the return journey and back at the hotel - what a bonus for the speakers have that wonderful opportunity.

It was a privilege to have been involved with Cosmos 2015 and I wish you many more successful events in the future.

Kind regards,

Steve.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, flt158

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 day ago #103956 by Seanie_Morris
This is from Brian Harvey:

A short note to say thank you very much for organizing things for me on Saturday at COSMOS, for the lovely cheese basket and for the cheque, very much appreciated. A pleasure to meet you and your colleages, as well as many old friends from the astronomy world. Sorry I couldn't stay longer. Congrats on running an event like this, it's great to have the astronomy community so well served and I hope the rest of the weekend went well.

Best wishes,

Brian Harvey.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.

More
9 years 1 day ago #103957 by R Newman
Replied by R Newman on topic COSMOS 2015 - 17th to 19th April 2015
Well done to Seanie and Jason, as always when I attend Cosmos I love the relaxed pace and actualy getting a chance to mingle and chat to others, so a very well done again. The speakers were excellent as was the weather while dinner and quiz was good fun which we came 2nd

Ronan Newman
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seanie_Morris

More
8 years 11 months ago #103981 by Neill
Replied by Neill on topic COSMOS 2015 - 17th to 19th April 2015
The Irish TV short film about COSMOS was on tonight on Westmeath County Matters. Can be seen again on the 30th at 3.30pm or 2nd at 4.30am Sky ch 191. Also available on www.irishtv.ie , its the 2nd film in the programme. It included clips of Emmett Mordaunt's talk about Death in Space along with interviews with him and Nick Howes. There was also an excellent bit at the observing session from Friday, with an interview with Seanie (he's a natural :) ). Check it out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seanie_Morris, johnomahony, Graham, flt158

More
8 years 11 months ago #103982 by flt158
Replied by flt158 on topic COSMOS 2015 - 17th to 19th April 2015
Goodness me, Seanie and Neill. Is that really me with me 6.2" apo on Irish television?

Don't I look good?

Aubrey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seanie_Morris

More
8 years 11 months ago #103985 by Seanie_Morris
Here's a direct link to the episode in question:
www.irishtv.ie/westmeath-matters-43/

And yes, once you removed the ferret on your head Aubrey, you looked the part!! :P :laugh: :laugh:

Midlands Astronomy Club.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, Roy Stewart

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds