K-Tec

Equipment Check

More
9 years 7 months ago #101843 by astroman145
Replied by astroman145 on topic Equipment Check
hi paul i think i sussed it was going through the usual set up done everything as before but ended up being way off .then i went into utilities then home position and pressed enter it then slewed to polaris and i then selected vega and straight there on the nose centred and correct ,i was only out for the hour so hopefully it,ll still work for me on saturday night clear skies val

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
9 years 7 months ago #101846 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Equipment Check
Fingers cross Val, have you upgraded the hand controller? I've recently done this and it makes a huge difference, I was out last night and I didn't have to input the date or time, I had already selected Dublin from the previous night and it went straight into 2 star align, add a couple of calibration stars and away I went.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
9 years 7 months ago #101854 by astroman145
Hi paul what does the upgrade do and do you have to pay for it god i,ve only got me mount a wet weekend and i,m getting to learn a few more choice words and saving for a pair of headphones god what a racket them mounts make is yours as loud so as to make your neighbours twitch their curtains wondering who,s drilling at that time of night lol.
val

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
9 years 7 months ago #101855 by lunartic_old
Hi Val

The upgrade is free and simple, connect your hand controller to the computer and download the upgrade from the Celestron site, here:
www.celestron.com/c3/support3/index.php?...aditemid=586&nav=0,7

You will need a RS 232 cable to connect from your computer to the hand controller, I have one if you would like to borrow, this website explains how to complete the process, it's very simple and only takes a couple of minutes.

leiron.be/infodocs/celestron-flash.html

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
9 years 7 months ago #101866 by astroman145
Hi paul i.d really appreciate it if i could borrow the cable it could make all the difference to my sanity .chat to you tomorrow night .val

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
9 years 7 months ago #101869 by lunartic_old
I'll bring it along tonight Val.

Rich Cook

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds