K-Tec

Astrobin versus Flickr

More
9 years 2 months ago #103027 by Kinch
Replied by Kinch on topic Astrobin versus Flickr
Agree entirely.....but it is better than it was ...
There is really no ideal solution - just take it for what it is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #103043 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Astrobin versus Flickr

CarlightExpress wrote: Hi All

Last night I discovered Astrobin, I always upload my images to Flickr, but since discovering Astrobin I feel it is greatly "Under-appreciated"

How has it taken you so long to find astrobin! Flickr has it's uses but astrobin stands out for me as being much better suited to astrophotos.

Folders would be nice, but I tend to only upload some of my better images there (of which there are not that many!) whereas I'd upload anything to flickr! And having a staging area to let you rework and share images before publishing them is great.

The image of the day setup isn't ideal, but I'm not ever expecting my images to make it up there anyway. And seeing some of the poorer images that get selected does give me a smugness on occasion that "meh, even I could do better than that"! :)

www.astrobin.com/users/albertwz72

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
9 years 2 months ago #103048 by wbean
Replied by wbean on topic Astrobin versus Flickr
Ha I was wondering why you weren't on there, Simon.

www.skelligstarparty.com
Live each week like it's space week!

OTA: WO 72mm Megrez, Skymax 127
Mount: HEQ5 Pro w/ EQMOD

BLOG: astronomybox.blogspot.com/

More
9 years 2 months ago #103227 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Astrobin versus Flickr
Hi all

I recently joined Astrobin and uploaded a couple of images. www.astrobin.com/users/pbyrne/

When it came to adding technical details, gear used, etc., I found that I was unable to add this info, can anyone tell me how to add the info?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #103231 by Kinch
Replied by Kinch on topic Astrobin versus Flickr
Surprised you could not add the info as you loaded the image - it generally goes through those steps at the very beginning before it displays the picture on your page.
Since you have two images up, you can add the info now to them via the menu....ACTIONS/EDIT

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Kinch.

More
9 years 2 months ago #103232 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Astrobin versus Flickr
Yeah, got all that, but it will not allow me to type in any info, it states click the plus sign, but I don't see the plus sign. Also, what does it mean when it says drag items from the right side to the left side?

Thanks for the patience shown.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds