K-Tec

Any 'Dark Shooters' out there??

• Visitor
  • Visitor
20 years 11 months ago #83 by
Replied by on topic Re: shots

Let me know when you lads are ready to start shooting, i perhaps can give some advice, god knows, i've tripped up a few times!!, but i've learned.

Locked and Loaded! Havent done much film phography in a long time, basically since I didnt have either a long lens or motors to track with, and theres only so many shots of the milky way and metior showers you can take. Well theres only so many you take before you get up paying for the development costs and having to get them reprinted cause the camera shop decided that they were all underexposed and didnt print any.....

Now that I have a 1m lens (aka the LXD55 scope)! I hope to try this a bit more. However only my old Fujica has a T-ring. Currently I have Fujicolor Superia x-tra 400 print film in one and Kodak Elite Chrome 200 in the other. I havent used slide film in a long time and never for astrophotography, so that should be interesting!

I'll let you know how it get on!

Cheers,
~Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• galwayskywatchers
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
20 years 10 months ago #166 by galwayskywatchers
Replied by galwayskywatchers on topic Re: Any 'Dark Shooters' out there??
hi from galway, yes, have done a bit of astrophotography,like wide angle shots, got some nice noctilucent clouds,double iririum flares,conjuntions,etc, just bought a phillips TOu cam pro webcam, hope to have lots of fun trying out Mars this Autumn.

More
20 years 8 months ago #359 by finnjim2001
Replied by finnjim2001 on topic Re: Any 'Dark Shooters' out there??
Just getting into it. Have some good shots taken with the standard 50mm lens through the eyepiece of a helios 4 1/2in as well as through the 300mm telephoto.

Roll on the winter as i plan on some major photos.

P.S the last week have seen some spectular moon rises (Im in sandyford Dublin) and once i get the film developed i'll post them. Once i get around to sorting out my web site i'll be posting my pics there. Actually here's a suggestion to all here if anyone with photos is interested i'll use my website as an semi official/unoffical site for photos taken by members of this board. All photos of course will be the property of the owners and their names will be placed on the photos. Any one interested in this let me know. Check my site by thursday 21st August to get an idea of what i'm talking about. It'll be rough but it will give you a good idea.

finnjim2001.topcities.com

Somedays you're the dog,
Somedays you're the lamp post.

• Keith g
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
20 years 8 months ago #361 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
Hey Jim, i've plenty of photos to share, nice of you to offer :D
Yeah, some super moonrises last week.
Keith...

More
20 years 8 months ago #375 by finnjim2001
Replied by finnjim2001 on topic Re: Any 'Dark Shooters' out there??
Ok guys and gals that site is up. It's very rough (I did it in 10 mins) but it gives you a good idea aout what i'd like to do. By the way those phot are origionals not copies. The system i'd hope use is people who would like photos can either post m to me for scanning (all photos will be returned once scanned) or you can scan them yourselves and e-mail them to me at the address suplied.
At a later date i would hope toinclude tips and tricks from people on various astro techniques. I'm thinking about starting with Setting up and using an EQ2 mount (The one i have myself) suggestions and contributions greatly appreciated all submissions will include authors details. I think we can make this a good site if we can get it started right. I'm willing if i can start getting material.

Somedays you're the dog,
Somedays you're the lamp post.

• Keith g
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
20 years 8 months ago #380 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
Hello Jim, Keith here, I've just read your message. How many shots do you want??
Seriously, I've plenty - I love piggyback shooting, and I hope to have some great Summer Milkyway shots soon.
Let me know when you are ready to liftoff!! (Seen your space rocket shots :) )

:D

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds