K-Tec

What's your name? Introduce yourself to IFAS!

More
12 years 2 months ago #92384 by donnellan.brendan
Replied by donnellan.brendan on topic Re: Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstronomy.org!
Hi everyone my name is Brendan im from Athlone just starting out in astronomy with my old binoculars and a star chart. Ive always been interested in astronomy from a very young age and i had a hudge intrest in the now complete shuttle program i even traveled to florida for (atlantis) sts 117 launch and by coincidence i was there for the launch of kepler on the delta 2 B) unfortunately ive found any news articles and coverage from nasa to be a little informationless sort of stupified :S as such so my intrest in nasa these days is pretty poor, this has led me to dig a little deeper in my own intrests in how the universe works. I will be purchasing a telescope soon :lol: so i would quite like to attend some observing nights and try`out some beginner scopes to get a handle on what exactly i want.

So anyway any heads ups for events will be appreciated.

Thanks loads, Brendan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #92389 by tony h
Hi Brendan, and welcome. Check out Sugarloaf Observing Session
Saturday Night in Announcements and Club News, Unfortunately
I can’t make it myself as I have the flu.

Tony
The following user(s) said Thank You: donnellan.brendan

More
12 years 2 months ago #92452 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstronomy.org!
Welcome to IFAS Brendan, hope you find our humble abode of help!

Keep an eye on www.midlandsastronomy.com for your nearest club, the Midlands Astronomy Club. We meet on the first Tuesday of the month for our public lectures and meet on the 1st and 3rd Saturday for observing at our site in Clonminch outside Tullamore (that's our organised calendar. We also hold events throughout the midlands (including Athlone, twice last year) so we do get around where possible. If you got any questions about the club, feel free to contact midlandsastronomy@gmail.com or just ask here.

:)

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
12 years 2 months ago #92457 by donnellan.brendan
Replied by donnellan.brendan on topic Re: Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstronomy.org!
Thanks a mil Seanie il be joining on the 6th.

Brendan

More
12 years 2 months ago #92463 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstronomy.org!
We'll look forward to meeting you then, Brendan.

:-)

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
12 years 2 months ago #92503 by Lepr4ch4un
Hello

I'm new to this forum so I decided to say hello, So hello. :)

I'm from Northern Ireland and to be more specific Londonderry and i was just wondering whether there is any other keen astronomers in the surrounding area. I am aware there is the NIAAS whom meet close to belfast every week and some weekends for a meet up, however it is a great drive from me for the night, so I was wondering if there was anybody in the surrounding are whom would like to meet up some night. :D

I have been chatting with some people in the NIAAS forum and there is a good number of people whom would like to meet up and i have a couple of mates who are also keen in the hobbie :)

I have been looking for a telescope too, as you don't get much enjoyment with only your eyes :L :scope:
So i have been keeping my eyes out, if you have any telescopes, I will be happy to negotiate prices if its a good solid scope for someone who's new to this hobby.

Thanks
Jack Gibson

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds