K-Tec

What's your name? Introduce yourself to IFAS!

More
12 years 2 months ago #92511 by dmolloy
welcome Jack, from all us at Midlands Astronomy Club. Im sure the folks at NIAAS will be up for some observing sometime soon. Its a wonderful time of the year to turn binoculars or telescope to the sky- so don't delay, and don't rush into buying a telescope either, till you have a chat with club members :)

Declan Molloy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lepr4ch4un

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #93612 by Joeg
Hi
I just bought my first telescope-Skywatcher 200 Dob. Thanks damo636. I just enjoy reading the different topics at the moment & hope to be more involved at a future date.
regards
Joeg

More
12 years 1 week ago #93615 by mjc
Joe - I wish you the best with that.

There are keen dobsonian users on the forum - and others with good expertise
so don't hold back if there are questions you need answering.

The Skywatcher 200mm Dob is fine scope. You'll probably be on the lookout before long for better eyepieces and maybe a moon-filter. When it comes to eyepiece choice there are definitely people here that can give advice.

You may also want to learn to how to collimate it to get the best out of it.

Clear Skies...
Mark C.

More
12 years 1 week ago #93620 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstronomy.org!
Hi Jack,
I think there are some guys in donegal on the forums here, the northwest could do with a club to think bout it....

Hi Joe, I hope you enjoy the site, there is a treasure trove worth of stuff to trawl through, and lots of people with a dob, so any questions, just ssk. :scope: :bigshock:

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
12 years 2 days ago #93686 by Pikaia
Hi All,
Just thought I would say hello, I have being browsing the forums for a while now and thought it was time to join in. I am from the Athy Area and recently purchased a second hand scope from adverts.ie (Celestron 9.25). I was wondering if there was anyone in the area who could make sure I was setting the scope up correctly so that I get maximum enjoyment from it.

Thanks
Brendan

More
12 years 1 day ago #93688 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstronomy.org!

Pikaia wrote: Hi All,
Just thought I would say hello, I have being browsing the forums for a while now and thought it was time to join in. I am from the Athy Area and recently purchased a second hand scope from adverts.ie (Celestron 9.25). I was wondering if there was anyone in the area who could make sure I was setting the scope up correctly so that I get maximum enjoyment from it.

Thanks
Brendan

Hi Brendan,
Welcome to our little home! I don't know anyone personally near Athy, but if you get no luck in that area, you could always try and make a trip to Tullamore for one of the Midlands Astronomy Club lectures. We get newbies all the time asking about setting up scopes they just got.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds