K-Tec

Where to buy eye pieces dublin

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #97853 by Pat_Dunne
Replied by Pat_Dunne on topic Re: Where to buy eye pieces dublin
Hi lunartic I think you might check your maths as I have them working out at the same price for a Luminos 7mm which your link refers to and also using your shipping price.

Astro shop at €119 plus €15 shipping, total €134 www.astroshop.eu/celestron-luminos-1-25-7mm-eyepiece/p,24884

Scopes and Space €129 plus €5 shipping €134 www.scopesandspace.ie/astronomy-accessor...epeices/price_asc/10

The bits I bought worked out way cheaper from Scopes and Space in comparsion to Astro Shop

Scopes and Space T2 Ring. Canon EOS €20 www.scopesandspace.ie/products/details/t-ring-canon/106

Euroshop T2 Ring Canon EOS €19.90 www.astroshop.eu/camera-mounted-t-adapto...ing-canon-eos/p,2416

Scopes and Space T-Ring Adapter €29 www.scopesandspace.ie/products/details/t-ring-canon/106

Euroshop Celestron T-Ring Adapter €45 www.astroshop.eu/t-adaptors/celestron-t-...8-9-25-11-14/p,21903

Plus, if you go to,the Scopes and Space shop directly you'll end up,saving on shipping :rock:

Celestron CPC 9.25
Celestron Ultima LX 8mm, 13mm, 17mm, 22mm, 32mm.
Starlight Microfocuser
A full set of Snickers Thermals
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Pat_Dunne.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #97854 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Where to buy eye pieces dublin

Pat_Dunne wrote: Hi lunartic I think you might check your maths as I have them working out at the same price for a Luminos 7mm which your link refers to and also using your shipping price.

The orignal poster said he was new to astronomy and looking to extend his eyepiece collection. Now that Luminos would be a nice addition but not the most economic addition.

Most shops will have eyepiece sets in the €100-€200 range. Price depends on the number of eyepieces, what focal lengths, what filters are included, how nice the case is etc. Most of the eyepieces will be a standard plossl design so there won't be much of a quality/performance difference between manufacturers.

That's what I'd advise looking at first anyway. The Irish dealers mentioned here both do sets from various manufacturers.

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
10 years 10 months ago #97855 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re: Where to buy eye pieces dublin
Pat-Dunne wrote:

Hi lunartic I think you might check your maths as I have them working out at the same price for a Luminos 7mm which your link refers to and also using your shipping price.

Hi Pat

Scope and Space are quoting €15 for shipping, add that to the €129 and it comes to €144.

I agree with you Albert, a set would be the best option, giving a good variety of eyepieces.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #97856 by Pat_Dunne
Replied by Pat_Dunne on topic Re: Where to buy eye pieces dublin

lunartic wrote: Hi Pat

Scope and Space are quoting €15 for shipping, add that to the €129 and it comes to €144.

I agree with you Albert, a set would be the best option, giving a good variety of eyepieces.

Paul

Hi Paul I am sorry if I seem to be labouring my point, however I was charged €5 shipping for the items I bought from Scopes and Space.

Celestron CPC 9.25
Celestron Ultima LX 8mm, 13mm, 17mm, 22mm, 32mm.
Starlight Microfocuser
A full set of Snickers Thermals
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Pat_Dunne.

More
10 years 10 months ago #97865 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re: Where to buy eye pieces dublin
Hi Pat

I was going by the website, when you add the eyepiece to the shopping basket it gives a shipping cost of €15, if they only charged €5, then all the better, a saving of a tenner.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds