K-Tec

Lunar Eclipse Monday September 28th

More
8 years 7 months ago #104907 by astroguy
Replied by astroguy on topic Lunar Eclipse Monday September 28th

LX 200 GPS, Williams optics 80mm APO, Meade LPI, Canon 300D, Skymap pro, Lunar phase pro, Image plus, Exploradome.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnflannery, michael_murphy, johnomahony, Kinch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #104908 by johnomahony
Replied by johnomahony on topic Lunar Eclipse Monday September 28th

The Lord giveth, the Revenue taketh away. (John 1:16)

www.flickr.com/photos/7703127@N07/
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by johnomahony.
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnflannery, michael_murphy, Kinch

More
8 years 7 months ago #104910 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Lunar Eclipse Monday September 28th
Hazy night for me. Until the Moon got dark only Capella was visible. Still, got a good view of the eclipse until mid totality at which point I went to bed!

Here's a shot about 20 minutes before totality.

[IMG

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnflannery, michael_murphy, johnomahony, Paul Evans, Kinch

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 7 months ago #104913 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Lunar Eclipse Monday September 28th
An almost perfect night for me. Got up at 2:40am with the wife and we went outside with the Canon 350D and binoculars. The sky was almost pristine, no clouds, which was very fortunate. Plenty of meteors on view too. The usual suspects for this time of year got a view too: The Orion nebula, Andromeda Galaxy, M13, The Pleaides, Perseus Double Cluster and more.

I think 2015 have been kind in terms of astronomical events. We got an exceptional Perseids Meteor Shower, now the Lunar Eclipse. I wonder what the Orionids/Leonids/Geminids will be like... ;-)

IFAS's Facebook page reached a staggering 9,000+ people from shares and visits since around 2pm yesterday. It must be a record!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnflannery, michael_murphy, Paul Evans

More
8 years 7 months ago #104914 by Paul Evans
Replied by Paul Evans on topic Lunar Eclipse Monday September 28th
Excellent night in Larne, though hazy and very humid. I woke up at 2 just as things were getting started and followed the Moon through all the phases. I set up in the road outside the front of the house expecting, correctly as it turned out, to lose the Moon over the roof sometime after totality, though actually I got a bit further than I expected and by then the Moon was in so much haze that I didn't bother moving along the road to find a gap between houses to see any more.

Setup was mostly LXD75 with 6" reflector (750mm f5) and Lumix G3 at Prime Focus though my first couple of shots were done with a Celestron 80ED on a tripod but I decided the other setup would do better.

I assessed the Danjon as 2-3 - this was definitely darker than March 2007 and my camera exposures agree with this.

A night to remember!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnflannery, Kinch, Joergn

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #104915 by spookwoman
Replied by spookwoman on topic Lunar Eclipse Monday September 28th
Went to Ballycotton for Moon rise and got lucky before it went behind the clouds.
Tiny bit of haze in Waterford for eclipse but not complaining. Think it's the first time we have had really got viewing.

flic.kr/p/yfkWQM

flic.kr/p/z9Vma7
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by spookwoman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnflannery, Kinch, Joergn

Moderators: Neill
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds