K-Tec

2 ISS Solar Transits for Dublin 11 & 14th September

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #98718 by jmckeon
Just pull the time back about 20 seconds or so, its still passing the same spot just very slightly earlier. *If hitting the original posted link that is.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by jmckeon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #98719 by flt158
Thank you, jmckeon. You have sorted it for me. I shall give it a go tomorrow morning.

More
10 years 7 months ago #98722 by Seanie_Morris
Ok, for this morning I'm confused... is it 9:45am or 10:45 for us?

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
10 years 7 months ago #98723 by flt158
Hi Seanie. It was 10.45, and Valerie and I have just seen it. It was a fantastic sight!! Valerie brought out to our back garden a large A2 book of cartridge paper, and we put it on our observer's chair. We then sat on 2 individual chairs on either side of the 6.2" apo. My ancient 28mm eyepiece was mounted -it was fitted to an extension tube at the focuser, and we image-projected it unto the large white sheet.
I would like to thank Albert and jmckeon for all their help for this brilliant sight. It certainly is a massive sight and 1st time for me.

It was just after 10.45 when we witnessed the International Space Station transiting the Sun. It went extremely fast down the disc of the Sun -roughly from 10 to 4 o'clock position angle. I had a most splendidly sharp image -I could see the solar panels of the ISS!!

By the way, I could only see 1 sunspot and a couple of faint flares on the western limb. Does this mean we are for in a snowy winter? Hopefully, I am talking nonsense!

Aubrey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy

More
10 years 7 months ago #98725 by jmckeon
Well done flt158, I missed it due to a misaligned finder scope... so I spent my time trying to find the sun on thre glared out laptop screen and missed it by about a minute! Note to self, always be set up 1 hour earlier than you think you'll need to be. Sigh...

More
10 years 7 months ago #98726 by flt158
Oh No! I am sorry to read this, jmckeon. I found also the minutes flying by as I was setting up the telescope. But I was ready with 10 minutes to go.

As a point of interest: what was your location? I am in Ranelagh.

Aubrey.

Moderators: Neill
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds