K-Tec

2 ISS Solar Transits for Dublin 11 & 14th September

More
10 years 7 months ago #98685 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: 2 ISS Solar Transits for Dublin 11 & 14th September
It is worth registerimg on Calsky.com
I get daily email alerts for iridium flares, lunar and solar transits, and lunar occultations for my exact location.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #98686 by jmckeon
Just checked it in Stellarium there, the time does indeed seem to be local. 8:23

• albertw
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Secretary
  • IFAS Secretary
More
10 years 7 months ago #98703 by albertw

jmckeon wrote: Just checked it in Stellarium there, the time does indeed seem to be local. 8:23

Yep. The links above seem to depend on me being logged in to give the correct information. It's worth specifying your own location on the site to get exact times, and as Michael suggests registering with the site to get tailored email alerts is also worthwhile.

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
10 years 7 months ago #98711 by flt158
Now Calsky are suggesting tomorrow morning's transit of the ISS is NOT visible over Dublin, but only over some parts in Wales -how ridiculous!! As for the confusion over times / local times / IST, just don't go there.

Aubrey.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #98715 by michael_murphy
Replied by michael_murphy on topic Re: 2 ISS Solar Transits for Dublin 11 & 14th September

flt158 wrote: Now Calsky are suggesting tomorrow morning's transit of the ISS is NOT visible over Dublin, but only over some parts in Wales -how ridiculous!! As for the confusion over times / local times / IST, just don't go there.

Aubrey.

Odd, Calsky is still showing the transit for tomorrow. The transit seems to be a bit shorter than it was a few days ago.

Michael.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by michael_murphy.

• albertw
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Secretary
  • IFAS Secretary
More
10 years 7 months ago #98717 by albertw

michael_murphy wrote: Odd, Calsky is still showing the transit for tomorrow. The transit seems to be a bit shorter than it was a few days ago.

Still there for me. Though the ISS does change altitude which can affect predictions so you do need to check back occasionally to check the time and location.

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmckeon

Moderators: Neill
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds