K-Tec

WANTED: SN Search Team

More
16 years 5 months ago #54307 by rochford
Replied by rochford on topic Re: WANTED: SN Search Team
Dave I'd be happy to do confirmation images of any suspect SN. I'm six hours behind your location and can respond relatively quickly if contacted by someone on your side of the pond at the end of their observing session.

Pat Rochford
Fairhope, Alabama, USA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago #54312 by michael_murphy
Replied by michael_murphy on topic Re: WANTED: SN Search Team
Hi Dave,

I'll be happy to do some blinking.

Michael.

More
16 years 5 months ago #54321 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: WANTED: SN Search Team
Like last year, I'll be part of your blinking team. :)

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
16 years 5 months ago #54323 by aaronhunter
Replied by aaronhunter on topic Re: WANTED: SN Search Team
Hey Dave

I'd be happy to help with the blinking.

Aaron

More
16 years 5 months ago #54326 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: WANTED: SN Search Team

Blinkers - all you need is a PC and an internet connection. Additional software will be provided.

Hi Dave, can anyone play or is this a Windows-only show?

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 years 5 months ago #54338 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: WANTED: SN Search Team
Folks - thanks for all the volunteering going on.

A few points.

1. Apologies to those who have volunteered in the past. I haven't been ignoring you all, its just that getting a programme like this up and running is not as easy as it first looks. So, apologies and thanks for you patience. This time, I am going to invest the time and get it sorted.

2. There have been offers of software assistance. One is in progress, another is on the cards. This is good news. Its an area that I fell down on last time round. Fingers crossed...

3. I am crossing all fingers and toes that there may be an even larger input from an "Agency" - it may not happen, but then again... If it does, it would be a montrous boost. Can't say any more than that right now...

4. I would really like the "PC" thing to be a "computer" thing and platform independent - in fact it should be a key goal. So Bart, it would be super if you could advise if any software solution really *is* platform independent. As the software comes out, perhpas you could give it a whirl on your yummy MacBook Pro :D and let us know if it cuts the mustard.

5. Pat - I know you've volunteered before :oops: But that really is a great offer worth its weight in gold. Of course, it could equally be a two way street - you image and we confirm :D

Finally, its great having so many blinkers volunteering. I think that I (personally) can keep ye all going with images but it would be absolutely super if we could get some more volunteer imagers.

Thanks again to you all for volunteering. It really is appreciated and I'll get things together over the next week and really get this programme moving. So hang on in there and watch this space!

Dave

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds