K-Tec

Feedback on the new site

More
15 years 9 months ago #71851 by darragh
Replied by darragh on topic Re:Feedback on the new site
dmcdona wrote:

1. If I subscribe to a thread/forum, it processes the request and then dumps me into my profile page. Odd.

2. The times of posts seem to be 8 hours or so adrift.

3. Text in some of the posts is bleeding into the right hand graduated blue column making it hard to read. That might be my browser (IE 7) but I thought I'd point it out.

4. I seem to have lost my own moniker - I am no longer a red giant, admin or whatever - just a red cross :(

All of these issues are now fixed.
The last issue to be fixed was the subscribing to a post throwing you into the wrong profile.
I have fixed it to automatically bring you back to the thread after 3.5 seconds

Darragh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #71852 by darragh
Seanie Morris wrote:

Addendum

*Make the

box a different colour shade to seperate its text from the body of the post.

Seanie.

This is now fixed, quote box has a grey colour now.

Darragh

More
15 years 9 months ago #71853 by darragh
I have add a plugin that will allow users to manage their forum subscriptions through their profile.
To access this, go into "My Profile" and click on the "Forum" tab.
This will give you a list of current topics you are subscribed to and a list of the last 10 posts that are the topics you have subscribed to.

Regards
Darragh

More
15 years 9 months ago #71854 by darragh
Just a note, if anybody spots a good feature for Joomla(Website) or Fireboard(Forum) they think is useful to the site, please send me a PM with a link to it.
There a lot of extensions for these at extensions.joomla.org

Darragh

More
15 years 9 months ago #71860 by jeyjey
Replied by jeyjey on topic Re:Feedback on the new site
While editing my article I noticed a few things:

The Insert/Edit Image button in the Article editor doesn't work. It always assumes Insert, even when you have an image selected. (I used HTML source to resize my images down to fit, which was OK except that Find starts at the beginning again after every change. These might be FireBoard/Joomla bugs, but I thought I'd mention them anyway.)

On short pages (such as the Articles page), the gray footer clobbers part of the main menu.

When I uploaded the images for my article I couldn't figure out how to create a new folder. So they all went in at the root level (along with Michael's). No problem now, but it won't scale very well....

Cheers,
-- Jeff.

Nikon 18x70s / UA Millennium                              Colorado:
Solarscope SF70 / TV Pronto / AP400QMD             Coronado SolarMax40 DS / Bogen 055+3130
APM MC1610 / Tak FC-125 / AP1200GTO               Tak Mewlon 250 / AP600EGTO

More
15 years 9 months ago #71863 by ro_c
Replied by ro_c on topic Re:Feedback on the new site
Long time lurker here and enjoy looking at the excellent images people produce. however, i just arrived in tonight to have a browse and find the main ifas page has been upgraded. great job to the coders behind it, i really like it. however, i have a few grievances with the forum.

please please please bring back the old forum :( this forum is all crushed up on the screen and all the posts with images in them are too wide to be seen so you need to scroll the forum scroller to see them. horrible. i managed to flick through a couple of posts before I had to stop. so annoying. everyone else getting this? also, what with all the ads. i'm sure they are helping pay for the hosting but they really distract and are used far too much imo. i hope i dont sound too negative, the work that has been done is absolutely great but the forum needs to be tweaked a little bit to make it more friendly.

Moderators: darragh
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds