Irish Astronomy Week 2024

• R Newman
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
5 months 5 days ago #112153 by R Newman
Irish Astronomy Week 2024 was created by R Newman
Hi, just to update your diaries, the next Irish Astronomy Week will take place from March 9th to 16th 2024.It was an amazing event overall, with so many speakers giving talks and others creating their own events at libraries nationwide. We  inspired thousands of people of all ages through our book displays in 100+  libraries, its time to start pulling it all together again.  So if you would like to give at talk to your local library please get in touch,  or if you would like to be a regional co-ordinators or someone to help out with the social media in your spare time please get in touch. Thanks Ronan Newman www.irishastronomyweek.ie
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Until_then-Goodnight!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• R Newman
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
4 months 2 weeks ago #112180 by R Newman
Replied by R Newman on topic Irish Astronomy Week 2024
Is there any amateur astronomers on this page who would like to give an astronomy talk at your local library? I have to congratulate the Irish Astrophotography community for once again helping out to giving talks nationwide to share their passion for astronomy and outreach. We have a small team but we would appreciate if members of IFAS could help in the distribution of posters and bookmarks in their respective counties. Please make contact with us a info@irishastronomyweek.ie

Thanks

Thanks Ronan Newman www.irishastronomyweek.ie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Until_then-Goodnight!

• Until_then-Goodnight!
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
4 months 2 weeks ago #112182 by Until_then-Goodnight!
Replied by Until_then-Goodnight! on topic Irish Astronomy Week 2024
Hi Ronan,

Delighted to read this event is going ahead again. I can get students to help with content creation fir social media, and I'd be happy to help out with the libraries.

I'll give you bell over the next week.

Clear skies,

Darren.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds