Kerry AC day trip to Schull Planetarium June 18th

• mjs
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
18 years 11 months ago #12273 by mjs
Hi,
Kerry Asytronomy club here. Just thought that you might like to know that our club are organising a day trip to Schull Planetarium in West Cork on Saturday the 18th of June.

As a club we are hiring a bus for the day for the trip from Tralee. There are also some members from Shannonside that are making the trip. The venue can take up to 50 people at a time and we will not fill it on our own! We have got a slight reduction in the entry fee if we go as a group.

So if anyone else would like to come then I am sure the planetarium would appreciate the extra bussiness :) . (See our homepage for a link to Schull)

We have also been promiced a tour of their newly built, but not yet operational, observatory.

In addition there is a 150BC stone circle in Drumbeg which is sort of on the route. (It has a mid winter alignment)

We are aiming to be in Schull for lunch time and at the planetarium for 2pm. Let me know if you are going to join us so that I can arrange the numbers.

Michael Scully

Chairman KAC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 11 months ago #12274 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Kerry AC day trip to Schull Planetarium June 18th
Sounds interesting. Is the bus open to non-members or will they have to make their own way down and back?

• mjs
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
18 years 11 months ago #12276 by mjs
Michael,

The members do have priority but the bus is far from full at present. So if you are interested and can be in Tralee or Killearny on the Saturday morning let me know.... I can pull strings 8)

Michael Scully

More
18 years 11 months ago #12293 by dave_lillis
Michael,
I will mention it again in the SAC meeting in June.
Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control, I wont be able to go.
I'll let you know after the next meeting who from Limerick is going.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

• mjs
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
18 years 10 months ago #13226 by mjs
The trip went well last week. Report with pictures on our website at www.kerryastronomyclub.com/schull0605.htm

Well worth the trip....

Michael Scully

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds