Volunteers wanted and welcome

• spculleton
  • Topic Author
  • Super-Nova
  • Super-Nova
More
18 years 8 months ago #14778 by spculleton
Volunteers wanted and welcome was created by spculleton
As everyone is no doubt aware, Kildare Astronomy Society will be holding its first public star party this saturday evening in aid of Special Olympics Ireland. The forecast seems to be improving the closer we get to the event, and we have a very nice site for viewing, so what we really need to make this a very successful night are helpers. You are all more than welcome to come along and to bring any kind of optical aid you have - even your eyes - especially your eyes! Kill is very central in Kildare and is only a few minutes from Dublin, Maynooth, Offally or indeed Laois.

If you are free this Saturday evening, and you would like to spend some time under the stars while supporting a very worthy cause, then please come along. We'd be delighted to have you.

Shane Culleton.

Dozo Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 8 months ago #14782 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Volunteers wanted and welcome
Any chance of a map?

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

• spculleton
  • Topic Author
  • Super-Nova
  • Super-Nova
More
18 years 8 months ago #14878 by spculleton
Replied by spculleton on topic Re: Volunteers wanted and welcome
Can't get a decent map together, so directions might help ...

Coming from Dublin / heading south on N7

Take the left turn at the traffic lights for Kill Village. These are the first traffic lights you meet after Newland's Cross and come after all the roadworks for the N7 expansion. Follow the road into the village and then take a left at the roundabout (at the Dew Drop Inn pub and Garda Station). Head up the road for two/three miles then take a right. You should see an old-fashioned water pump at this right turn. After that you can't miss it; it's just another couple of miles out the road, again on the right-hand side.

Coming from Naas / heading north on N7

Take the right turn at the Ambassador Hotel/opposite Goff's for Kill Village. Head into the villageuntil you reach the roundabout (at the Dew Drop Inn pub and Garda Station). Turn right here and head up the road for two/three miles then take a right. You should see an old-fashioned water pump at this right turn. After that you can't miss it; it's just another couple of miles out the road, again on the right-hand side.

Hopefully the weather will be kind to us and we can have a good night's observing. It would be great to see as many of you there as possible.

Shane Culleton.

Dozo Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu

More
18 years 8 months ago #14934 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Volunteers wanted and welcome
Shane, I have to apologise or not turning up! I fell asleep for a 'small' nap around 7:30pm for an hour or so... didn't wake up till after 11pm!! By that stage, I think it was too late for me to have been of any constructive use to KAS. I guess the lack of sleep from the camping the night before just overpowered me- I slept through my alarm on my phone for 9pm!

:oops:

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds