• ftodonoghue
  • Topic Author
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
18 years 8 months ago #15122 by ftodonoghue
KAC at Rose of Tralee Report was created by ftodonoghue
Hi All

Kerry Astronomy Club had a display at Rose of Tralee last Friday Night, for a few hours. I am pleased to report that it was a success on a number of fronts. Despite the fact that we were clouded out and in the centre of Tralee, we managed to generate quite a bit of awareness. We signed up a few new members on the spot and a lot of people have taken away info and membership application forms. We got our photo taken for "the Kerryman" and a promise from a photographer from "The Kingdom" to visit us on one of our observing sessions. Just as we were finishing up at 11 pm or so, a gap appeared in the clouds, as the moon was rising...Even though it was a full moon, it still made quite an impression on some of the public who managed to glimpse it through a scope before clouds rolled in.

A funny aside, was that as I was arriving at the display with my telescope, a drunk girl around 17 or 18 asked me was I going looking at the shooting stars, and informed me that I would be able to see 60 an hour!!!I was sorry to inform her that she missed the display by a week, but I was happy to hear part of our press release quoted back at us. :)

Cheers
Trevor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds