K-Tec

HST gets confirmation image of first extra solar planet

More
19 years 4 months ago #7884 by michaeloconnell
John,
I only heard about Firefox a few months ago from Seanie and I have to say I've been very impressed with it. Well worth downloading. I rarely use IE anymore as it's much slower.

As for the HST image, ground imagery is improving at such a rate that Hubble is fast becoming redundant.

Clear skies,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 4 months ago #7887 by gnason

True, space dot com does have about 3 pop-ups when you get onto it. But I think it has more to do with "a word from our sponsors" than anything else. It is a safe site to browse.
Seanie.

Space dot com leaves a rake of cookie spyware on your computer, so you need to clear your cookie folder out after visiting the site.

Gordon

More
19 years 4 months ago #7888 by dave_lillis
Great stuff !!!, this could be a momentus occasion, the first visual light detection of an exo-planet, Lets hope the IAU come up with a reasonable naming system for these planets soon.

BTW, I downloaded Firefox a few months ago, and its defo the way to go, those tabs are excellent, it also seems a little quicker the explorer (which I no longer use), and doesn't have the same vulnerabilites that explorer has.

How can such a mega giant company make an inferior browser compared to a free downloadable.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
19 years 4 months ago #7891 by John OBrien
If your using Firefox get the Adblock extension. Removes ads and Flash from web pages and is totally customizable.

Once installed add this to the filter option and it will block most of the common junk:

[Adblock]
/\D(588|468|234|120)x(600?|120|90)\D/
googlesyndication
us.yimg.com/a/
/\/buy_assets\//
/[\W\d_](top|bottom|left|right|)?banner(s|id=|\d|_)[\W\d]/
/[\W\d](double|fast)click[\W\d]/
/[\W\d]click(stream|thrutraffic|thru|xchange)[\W\d]/
/[\W\d]value(stream|xchange|click)[\W\d]/
/[\W\d]dime(xchange|click)[\W\d]/
/[\W\d](onlineads?|ad(banner|click|-?flow|frame|ima?g(es?)?|_id|js|log|serv(er|e)?|stream|_string|s|trix|type|vertisements?|v|vert|xchange)?)[\W\d]/

"We are the music makers ... and we are the dreamers of dreams." - W.W.

More
19 years 4 months ago #7894 by Seanie_Morris
I saw this on another boards about speeding up your settings in Firefox. If you try it, nothing wrong will happen to your computer if Firefox does act up after the changes. Thats ok - simply reinstall Firefox - it will replace the existing one, and Bob's yer uncle.

Click Here (to boards.ie)

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
19 years 4 months ago #7899 by John OBrien
Thanks for that tip Seanie, seems to be working ok for me.

"We are the music makers ... and we are the dreamers of dreams." - W.W.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds