Tripod Pads

• Pat_Dunne
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
12 years 7 months ago #90590 by Pat_Dunne
Replied by Pat_Dunne on topic Re: Tripod Pads

jonathan wrote: I made a set for myself consisting of a cow mat which is inch thick rubber cut in to 3x3" squares works a treat and cost is negliable as they where cut offs going to be recycled.

Sounds like a good idea. Been a Dub I wouldn't know one end of a cow from the udder :whistle: :)

Celestron CPC 9.25
Celestron Ultima LX 8mm, 13mm, 17mm, 22mm, 32mm.
Starlight Microfocuser
A full set of Snickers Thermals

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #91090 by gnason
Replied by gnason on topic Re: Tripod Pads
I'm a bit late coming into this but yes, the Celestron tripod pads are briliant. I used them all the time with my 10" and 8" SCTs and I still use a set with my Manfrotto tripod/Orion 80. They were especially good with my Meade 10" SCT which was a little twitchy when focusing but they virtually suppressed all vibration. As for Celestron selling them as accessories, yes they do, but they also included a free set with the Nexstar 8 when I purchased it a few years ago so when I sold it, I still had my original set. Not sure if they still include them free with the more expensive SCTs.

Gordon

• Pat_Dunne
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
12 years 5 months ago #91096 by Pat_Dunne
Replied by Pat_Dunne on topic Re: Tripod Pads

gnason wrote: I'm a bit late coming into this but yes, the Celestron tripod pads are briliant. I used them all the time with my 10" and 8" SCTs and I still use a set with my Manfrotto tripod/Orion 80. They were especially good with my Meade 10" SCT which was a little twitchy when focusing but they virtually suppressed all vibration. As for Celestron selling them as accessories, yes they do, but they also included a free set with the Nexstar 8 when I purchased it a few years ago so when I sold it, I still had my original set. Not sure if they still include them free with the more expensive SCTs.

Gordon

Cheers Gordon, I bought mine from www.tripodpads.com and they were half the price of the Celestron one's and of equal quality and a few months on I am more than pleased with my purchase.

Celestron CPC 9.25
Celestron Ultima LX 8mm, 13mm, 17mm, 22mm, 32mm.
Starlight Microfocuser
A full set of Snickers Thermals

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds