Jupiter

• dmolloy
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
15 years 10 months ago #71476 by dmolloy
Jupiter was created by dmolloy
Anyone try to image or see Jupiter last weekend? I brought my telescope out to have a look....not much else was visible at 10.30 pm. Telescope is a 10" dob and Jupiter was very low in the sky Almost on my knees to get a look "Dob was practically horizontal" I could make out some banding and see main moons. .....desperate times and desperate measures. Seeing is so poor lately, I find myself staring at the clouds and thinking...."If those clouds were not there I would be able to see Ursa Major" :cry: :cry: :cry:

note: of course by midnight the sky was showing some promise but by then a fine red wine had made things look better....but to risky to be carrying a 30kg dob back out from the Kitchen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #71477 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Jupiter
Saturday night was the first decent night I have seen since June 9th anyway, and Jupiter was so bright. I didn't do any observing with any instruments, just looked up and enjoyed the sight of seeing so many stars again.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
15 years 9 months ago #71507 by Calibos
Replied by Calibos on topic Re: Jupiter
I missed my 5 minute jupiter window between tree branches in the back garden on Saturday night and SWMBO developed an exasperated moany tone in her voice when I said I was thinking of bringing the scope out the front at 1am for an unobstructed view.

I thought better of pushing the issue. That put me in bad form and I was in no humour to take advantage of the rest of the beautiful clear sky from the back garden, a sky that any other night I would relish. So I packed the scope away in disgust.

Jupiter will have to wait another month or two till I can see it out the front before midnight when I won't get grief for dragging the scope out :roll:

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

More
15 years 9 months ago #71509 by fguihen
Replied by fguihen on topic Re: Jupiter
SWMBO ??

More
15 years 9 months ago #71510 by stepryan
Replied by stepryan on topic Re: Jupiter

SWMBO ??

she who must be obeyed

More
15 years 9 months ago #71513 by Frank Ryan
Replied by Frank Ryan on topic Re: Jupiter

I missed my 5 minute jupiter window between tree branches in the back garden on Saturday night and SWMBO developed an exasperated moany tone in her voice when I said I was thinking of bringing the scope out the front at 1am for an unobstructed view.

I thought better of pushing the issue. That put me in bad form and I was in no humour to take advantage of the rest of the beautiful clear sky from the back garden, a sky that any other night I would relish. So I packed the scope away in disgust.

Jupiter will have to wait another month or two till I can see it out the front before midnight when I won't get grief for dragging the scope out :roll:

:shock:
You do have a bunch of other hobbies that interfere with your
social life then yes?

I tell ya.
I brought my scope on honeymoon for a few reasons!
:lol:

Oh and as for Jupiter.
It's depressingly low from here.
I don't think I'd bother imaging it.

My Astrophotography
Shannonside Astronomy Club __________________________________________
Meade ETX-125PE, Bresser 10 x 50 Binos & Me Peepers

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds