K-Tec

Has anyone ever seen a UFO?

More
15 years 5 months ago #74803 by morgan222
Has anyone ever seen a UFO? was created by morgan222
Hi everyone, I want to ask you if anyone has ever seen an unidentified flying object? I want to know about their appearance, do they really exist and anything more that would be related to them. So, if anyone has any info on them, kindly share it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #74827 by stevie
Replied by stevie on topic Re:Has anyone ever seen a UFO?
I saw the rock band UFO in Liverpool circa 1978. Does that count?:unsure:
Last edit: 15 years 5 months ago by stevie.

More
15 years 5 months ago #74830 by phil18ie
Replied by phil18ie on topic Re:Has anyone ever seen a UFO?
Myself and two friends witnessed something really strange about 8 years ago. The three of us where standing around and talking in my front garden when all of a sudden between the sidelane of the house appeared a very bright yellow light. It wasn't in the laneway it was very low on the southern horizon. We watched it hover in the same place for about a minute or so, no noise at all. Tne it, moved slowly, towards the east, stop again, then continued after another minute or so. I;ve had no idea what it was, but you could call it a UFO is you wish. Also, one of my friend had a hearing aid that was making a very loud whirring noise at the time of this.

whatever it was, it was very scary.

More
15 years 5 months ago #74831 by Frank Ryan
Replied by Frank Ryan on topic Re:Has anyone ever seen a UFO?
I had written a big replay about 2 ''UFO''s
I saw in my time but I read it back and it made me look like a nutjob
so I deleted it.

Suffice to say.

My Astrophotography
Shannonside Astronomy Club __________________________________________
Meade ETX-125PE, Bresser 10 x 50 Binos & Me Peepers

More
15 years 5 months ago #74832 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Re:Has anyone ever seen a UFO?
Hi Frank,
I understand your frustration!

Hi Morgan222 (can you share your first name if it pleases you). There were many discussions and debates regarding the very subject of UFOs already on the IFAS forum which was generally engaged within an astronomy and science framework.
The viewpoints were varied and much information offered by the many amateur astronomers that visit here on this very subject, I certainly learned much from the information offered and from other people’s viewpoints. Some people kindly shared their experiences as well.
You may find this link useful for additional information (20 pages in fact)… www.irishastronomy.org/forum?func=view&catid=1&id=12504

And of course the excellent search function on this site will give you additional pages of information in which to investigate for yourself. Have you had, or an acquaintance have any experiences relating to UFOs lately or in the past, is that the reason you pose this question for further clarification on this matter or is it simply some other reason that you may wish to share on this forum?

Regards and clear skies
Mike

I83 Cherryvalley Observatory

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say; "I WANT TO SEE THE MANAGER".

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
15 years 5 months ago #74844 by DaveGrennan
Replied by DaveGrennan on topic Re:Has anyone ever seen a UFO?
The vast majority of 'UFO' sightings are normally just people who dont understand what they are looking at. Just because something in the sky looks strange, people tend to just assume it must be an alien spacecraft.

If you see something that looks strange, question it until you have an answer, 99% of the time you will find a perfectly reasonable explaination. The other 1% also has a likely explanation, you just cant find it.

I get a lot of emails from people saying they have seen a UFO, funny that they always tend to be in the same part of the sky as a bright planet or maybe sirius. Unfortunately people often dont want to hear that.

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds