K-Tec

TAS Outreach Event - Castledermot - 06/12/08

• michaeloconnell
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
15 years 5 months ago #75142 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re:TAS Outreach Event - Castledermot - 06/12/08
PhilipLardner wrote:

I discovered that it was a mere eight years beyond its best before date

A bit like yourself then eh...

boom boom...
:)

Michael.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DeirdreKelleghan
  • IFAS Social Media Officer
More
15 years 5 months ago #75144 by DeirdreKelleghan
Replied by DeirdreKelleghan on topic Re:TAS Outreach Event - Castledermot - 06/12/08
Gosh Philip that soup sounds disgusting but you made me laugh:lol:

David Branigan and I think James Kelly were up in Larch Hill doing some public outreach when I was in Kildare. Have not had a full report as yet.

Next public event will most likely be John Murphy's 3rd Ballycullen view Star Party in January around first quarter, date to be announced.It has a great history and I look forward to it.

Plenty of public outreach events planned for March and April in Dublin, and I hope all the IFAS clubs will take part in 100 Hours of Astronomy between April 2nd and April 5th 2009.

www.100hoursofastronomy.org/

Deirdre Kelleghan
PRO IFAS

More
15 years 5 months ago #75145 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re:TAS Outreach Event - Castledermot - 06/12/08
Well done guys, sorry I couldn't be there, caught between an ill relative and work that night, but at least the drive home was just as sparkly for me!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
15 years 5 months ago #75162 by william coghlan
Replied by william coghlan on topic Re:TAS Outreach Event - Castledermot - 06/12/08
Yes, it was a good night but the drive home was like an episode from the X files. I had about 75 miles to cover with visibility of c. 50 metres for most of the journey.
By the way, I've just been doing some price comparisons on-line for eye pieces and the results were interesting given the current strength of the $ and weakness of the £. Televue EPs are uniformly cheaper in Telescope House ( telescopehouse.com/acatalog/TeleVue_Panoptics.html ) than at Adorama in New York ( www.adorama.com/Search-Results.tpl?page=...&searchinfo=panoptic ). The difference is even greater when you consider the import duty attached to non EU purchases (I think it works out at about 20%). Of course the current economic climate doesn't really lend itself to such purchases but it's certainly food for thought...............Sorry, I've drifted some distance from the topic of this thread
ps Deirdre, I checked out the power pack and it's working fine. It's in a box at Vincent Coghlan's pub in Moate if you happen to be passing.

Meade LX90 12" LNT
Orion Optics 12" f4 Dobsonian
EPs: currently in transition state
Health: CAF (Chronic Aperture Fever). No known cure. Known to cause Dobs to expand into Obsession.

• DeirdreKelleghan
More
15 years 5 months ago #75171 by DeirdreKelleghan
Replied by DeirdreKelleghan on topic Re:TAS Outreach Event - Castledermot - 06/12/08
If anyone is passing through Moate before Christmas heading for Dublin it would
be great if they could pick up the power pack for me in Vincents Coghlan's pub.

Thanks William

Deirdre Kelleghan
PRO IFAS

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds