K-Tec

Congrats Jeff Young

More
15 years 4 months ago - 15 years 4 months ago #75590 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re:Congrats Jeff Young
Got the Jan '09 issue of An and saw your sketch Jeff. Good to see that they will publish sketches (instead of astrophotography only). Unfortunately, I'm not sure they did your sketch full justice. It seems to be blown up too much on the page and the brightness/contrast doesn't match how well looked when you posted it here on the IFAS forum. Your original sketch looked really good.

I also saw that there was a 1 page write-up in there about the Whirlpool Star Party '08 written by Ian Ridpath. A very positive article. Good publicity for the event. Worth checking out.

Michael.
Last edit: 15 years 4 months ago by michaeloconnell.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #75602 by jeyjey
Replied by jeyjey on topic Re:Congrats Jeff Young
Michael --

Yeah, I actually sent them 2 sketches (Stephan's Quintet and the nearby Deer Lick Group) so they could print both in a single frame, but they either didn't want to print my notes around the sketch, or they didn't want to print the Deer Lick one since it had already appeared on ASOD.

Anyway, I figure if the public keeps sending sketches in, we should get an idea fairly soon of what they like and don't like.

Cheers,
-- Jeff.

Nikon 18x70s / UA Millennium                              Colorado:
Solarscope SF70 / TV Pronto / AP400QMD             Coronado SolarMax40 DS / Bogen 055+3130
APM MC1610 / Tak FC-125 / AP1200GTO               Tak Mewlon 250 / AP600EGTO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds