K-Tec

Telescopes (Meade ETX 70 & Skylux) in Lidl Monday 22nd N

More
19 years 5 months ago #5802 by lionsden

Any ideas how you'd piggyback a camera on something like that?

From the Meade Catalogue:

Leo @ Lionsden
Perhap because light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 5 months ago #5803 by albertw
www.scopetronix.com/etx60acc.htm have a lot of accessories for the ETX, including a piggyback mount (just a ring to go around the scope and a camera mount attachment on it)

Its hard to see on the lidl site what the tripod is like and how easy it would be to make a wedge or even just tilt it to get RA-Dec motion and avoid field rotation.

But I'd use the LXD55 mount for that anyway so I'm not too bothered. I have other bright ideas for how to use a (relativly) cheap etx...

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
19 years 5 months ago #5804 by jhonan
That looks like prime focus. However, I was wondering about piggybacking a 35mm SLR on the OTA somehow. But that's a nice link to have - thanks! 8)

www.scopetronix.com/etx60acc.htm have a lot of accessories for the ETX, including a piggyback mount (just a ring to go around the scope and a camera mount attachment on it)

Cheers.

Everyone in Ireland buys Meade, and they all buy them from Lidl.

More
19 years 5 months ago #5805 by jhonan

Its hard to see on the lidl site what the tripod is like and how easy it would be to make a wedge or even just tilt it to get RA-Dec motion and avoid field rotation.

www.weasner.com/etx/astrophotography/piggyback-sac.html

Everyone in Ireland buys Meade, and they all buy them from Lidl.

More
19 years 5 months ago #5806 by Seanie_Morris
So with the ETX-70, it has motorised tracking then? If used on its own, then the motor would be fine. Does the guidance system have the "30,000+ objects" library in it?

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
19 years 5 months ago #5807 by albertw

So with the ETX-70, it has motorised tracking then? If used on its own, then the motor would be fine.

What use the mount on its own? you could if you can bodge something else into the fork. Its a light scope (only one lens since its a refractor and not a mak) so I doubt the drive will handle much weight, piggybacking something would be fine though.

Does the guidance system have the "30,000+ objects" library in it?

Its only the basic autostar. which has about 1400. www.meade.com/catalog/etx/etx70.html

John pointed out the image on Weasners ETX site and that is probably the best resource for info on the scope www.weasner.com/etx/menu.html

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds