New Product from Celestron

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 years 5 months ago #5962 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: New Product from Celestron
Dave L - the central obstruction is what caught my eye too. I read a recent article (on the web I think) that basically said anything with a central obstruction of more than 35% could not be considered as having 'perfect' or even 'excellent' optics. Celestron must be onto something though...

Mind you, I walked in front of my scope a few nights ago - the other half can tell you that the size of my head tends to degrade the image... :lol:

DHinds in the uk is selling this for £38K - that's $70K :shock: We are the poorer of the poor cousins. Seriously now, this gets my goat... :evil:

I'd do my damndest to shove that down me undies at customs to save that kind of money. Ok ok, bring on the retorts... :wink:

Anthony - dead right about the AP. In fact, I have 'till wednesday to pop a 50% deposit on the 1200 - it looks increasingly likely that due to unfortunate timing that I won't make it. My money is going to Lidl :lol:

But the 900 will do. Do you think I could squeeze the ETX onto it? Couple of lazzy bands - sure, it'll be grand :!:

All the best

Dave

PS - guess what - there's one for everyone in the audience! Better see if Lidl stock stretchy undies! No guarantee that the optics won't need a clean though... :oops:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds