K-Tec

Teflon

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #93467 by Calibos
Replied by Calibos on topic Re: Teflon
Don't get me wrong, I am sympathetic to the guy in question if he has problems. I am sympathetic to the mods in that they may have felt they were stuck between a rock and a hard place. Despite the Brian Cox thing, the guy does seem to make positive contributions to several technical and theoretical sections of the forums. I don't doubt he has the background in Physics and Chemistry that he says he has. Myself on the other hand despite being a member over there for 4 years has most of his 500 posts early in that period with not much for the last 2 years or so due to the same reasons that my scope is in a perpetual state of half-modded barely usableness :D ie. work and family commitments. So I can see that if the mods thought it was one or the other of us saying bye bye, they might feel he made more positive contributions to the forum. I just don't understand why I was not given a chance to clear things up and appologise.

I understand how one mans slagging/humour can be another mans bullying. I think in fact that was part of the problem. The post was interpretted as slagging/making fun of the guy when that was not my intent at all, and I thought that was obvious (not obvious enough...obviously :D ) I copied his style to maybe make him see how hard his own posts were to read.

Anyway, lesson learned. Be careful when using humour and be careful when trying to make a point unconventionally.

I'll say one thing though. Its highlighted the cliquey nature of that forum. A different Forum regular (member of the clique) abuses me and tells me to shut up (about two years ago) and he's given the chance to appologise. I 'supposedly' abuse a forum regular and am imediately permo-banned with no contact or recourse.

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #93468 by Calibos
<Paul> "All I asked was about Teflon??"

:D

Keith D.

Nagler 31mm

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #93471 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re: Teflon
Calibos wrote:

<Paul> "All I asked was about Teflon??"

Are you kidding, your story is much more interesting. :P

I'm also a member of the Stargazerslounge forum and I've noticed that they have removed their buy & sell section, no reason was given, I suspect that there were too many dodgy deals and too many complaints.

Back to the teflon, I'll get back to you Keith.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #93581 by Calibos
Staying on topic. Call me Teflon Keith.......The SGL Ban didn't stick :D

Keith D.

Nagler 31mm

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #93584 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re: Teflon
Calibos wrote:

Call me Teflon Keith

Remember what happened to the last guy who was given the monicker Teflon. :evil:

Anyway, I've contacted my carpenter mate and he has agreed to put the mount together, I'm getting one like this:
www.ejamison.net/refractordobmounts.html
In place of the teflon I'm going to give these a try:
www.amazon.co.uk/Slide-Glides-Pack-Furni...iction/dp/B002NQMV74
Woodies sell them in various sizes and I think they'll work fine, I'll see what my mate says.

I'll keep you posted.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by lunartic_old.

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #93589 by DaveGrennan
Replied by DaveGrennan on topic Re: Teflon
You'll find lots on e-bay. Teflon is more commonly known as PTFE you'll get lots of hits on 'PTFE sheet' in various sizes and thicknesses.

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds